Gibson Brands Forums

Ebola out break in U.S.

4Hayden

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately with the way todays media is reported its really hard to tell whats actually happening...

I don't think its an airborne virus but maybe its mutated.... like in that film Outbreak.... who knows?... BUT if it gets out of control which I don't think it is yet.. Then you should worry. Well we all should at that point. There is currently no cure or vaccine for it, but I have read a few people have survived it even though its usually fatal.. Hopefully they will just keep it under control.

One of the main issues I think is that people seem to be loosing the idea of basic hygiene.... I currently don't use the tube trains at the moment.. But when I was it was increasingly getting more disgusting and is a breeding ground for germs and viruses...

The virus is spread through contact of bodily fluids of a person<or even an animal > that already has the virus.

There is usually a 7 to 10 day incubation period, and once a person has made that contact <bodily fluids> then its about 21 days before the new victim is able to spread the virus.

Its is transfered through blood, saliva,urine, semen, open sores, and other bodily fluids.

My view? I'm glad we live in a rural part of the country ... As a nation I don't believe we're any better protected against such an outbreak, equipped to deal with it if/when it happens, or willing to get protected and equipped.

Collectively, we have no control over who enters this country and we don't care. We concern ourselves with more important matters such as how cheaply we can purchase cheap shZt that isn't worth purchasing.

And nibs. We *do* care about nibs!!

Cases reported all over the USA? not really, not at all. The only cases that have appeared can be easily tracked to the source.

No doubt the Dallas hospital dropped the ball, twice once by turning that guy away and second by trying to handle the case without the adequate training and equipment once the guy was super sick and needed more acute care.

To put things in perspective, Liberia is in chaos with 4,000 reported cases, their population is 4 million, Ebola cases represent 0.1% right? I play better odds at the lottery and never win.

The situation is dire for a lot of people in Africa but not everybody, the media will try to make it as if the entire country is infected.

I am not saying I am not concerned but I highly, highly doubt there will be a massive epidemic.

Apparently, Ebola breaks down the cells of the circulatory system. It just eats away the cells in the veins, and you just bleed through the walls of your veins/arteries. You can bleed from your eyes, nose and mouth, and from any wounds on your skin and internally. It starts out with flu-like symptoms, with fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, etc., then rapidly degenerates into unconsciousness, coma, and death. Not a pretty picture at all. The virus continues to reproduce even for a while after death.

Cases reported all over the USA? not really, not at all. The only cases that have appeared can be easily tracked to the source.

No doubt the Dallas hospital dropped the ball, twice once by turning that guy away and second by trying to handle the case without the adequate training and equipment once the guy was super sick and needed more acute care.

To put things in perspective, Liberia is in chaos with 4,000 reported cases, their population is 4 million, Ebola cases represent 0.1% right? I play better odds at the lottery and never win.

The situation is dire for a lot of people in Africa but not everybody, the media will try to make it as if the entire country is infected.

I am not saying I am not concerned but I highly, highly doubt there will be a massive epidemic.

Well then there's this:

Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

'Threat of a global health catastrophe' is real, he says

When my wife was in nursing school they had a drill they would do...get on all gear, have paint splattered all over you to represent germs, virus etc etc...and then try to get off all the gear without getting paint on you...she had no problem but she said a good 70% of the class couldn't do it.....just shows it doesnt take much.

When my wife was in nursing school they had a drill they would do...get on all gear, have paint splattered all over you to represent germs, virus etc etc...and then try to get off all the gear without getting paint on you...she had no problem but she said a good 70% of the class couldn't do it.....just shows it doesnt take much.

While we're at it let's send US Troops to fight Ebola that aren't trained nurses.

Real Smart move

The White House expanded on its justification for not instituting a travel ban on people from Ebola-ravaged countries Thursday as pressure from lawmakers mounted to take that action.

"It would provide a direct incentive for individuals seeking to travel to the United States to go underground and to seek to evade this screening and to not be candid about their travel history in order to enter the country," Earnest said.

Wouldn't a travel ban on people from Ebola-ravaged countries be the first thing you would do ?

Guest Farnsbarns

Riff, well put, some people lacking perspective can work a bunch of other people into a frenzy... But, you do know Africa isn't a country, right?

Riff, well put, some people lacking perspective can work a bunch of other people into a frenzy... But, you do know Africa isn't a country, right?

I do Farns, there are 3 or 4 countries in Africa with an Ebola crisis, hence my generalization. I could have worded that sentence better.

Do you know how Liberia came to exist? we do here in the USA

These are the CDC facts on Heart Disease that will not be as fascinating in the media.

600,000 deaths in 2013, look at the map and how the South of the USA leads.

But you are not going to create collective hysteria and tell people to stop eating fried chicken and triple bacon burgers not as cool as Ebola, deadlier but not as scary.

http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm

I do Farns, there are 3 or 4 countries in Africa with an Ebola crisis, hence my generalization. I could have worded that sentence better.

Do you know how Liberia came to exist? we do here in the USA

The same way Sierra Leone came to be :)

4Hayden......when it gets bad enough, bring the family to the River-Bend/Shultz-Creek community of Bibb County...the Mrs. has land and family there and it's as far away from anything as a place can possibly be.

We'll be "bugging out" from Calhoun County for Bibb, when/if Anniston/Jacksonville becomes infested.

Bring supplies

All I care about is that in about two weeks I have to go through 3 airports to get home. Two weeks is enough time for them to just FLUXor the whole thing up. The people that are tasked with rummaging through my boxers and making sure this Tosheeber laptop isn't a grenade aren't even a little bit qualified to make a medical decision, but somehow I get the feeling they are going to be doing just that pretty soon. I hate flying, I hate everything about it, this will only make it more hateful.

rct

4Hayden......when it gets bad enough, bring the family to the River-Bend/Shultz-Creek community of Bibb County...the Mrs. has land and family there and it's as far away from anything as a place can possibly be.

We'll be "bugging out" from Calhoun County for Bibb, when/if Anniston/Jacksonville becomes infested.

Bring supplies

Got 110 yds. of bubble wrap and a bunch of duct tape, portable generator so we can plug up our amps and rock out. I'll bring plenty of can goods.

PS : I grew up in Tuscaloosa , know right where your talking about

All I care about is that in about two weeks I have to go through 3 airports to get home. Two weeks is enough time for them to just FLUXor the whole thing up. The people that are tasked with rummaging through my boxers and making sure this Tosheeber laptop isn't a grenade aren't even a little bit qualified to make a medical decision, but somehow I get the feeling they are going to be doing just that pretty soon. I hate flying, I hate everything about it, this will only make it more hateful.

rct

Hope your plane isn't one that the nurses rode in and they didn't wipe down

Archived