Gibson Brands Forums

2006 Les Paul Classic Authentic Gibson or Fake

Hey I was wondering if this 2006 Les Paul Classic was authentic Gibson or not.I bought it online on eBay and Here is some information on it provided by the seller:

Changed to fine tuning bridge and dimarzio super distortion to bridge (zebra). Neck pickup is slash model. Guy said he had tech add push pull pots (Jimmy Page) configuration.

Here is link to product description on eBay.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-RARE-2006-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CLASSIC-1960-CHERRY-SUNBURST-DISCONITINUED-1500-/271624978774?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252BZUZz0w9I%252FzevhFBjp0RxHN79%252FI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hello and welcome.

That is going to be one HOT guitar with those pups and interesting wiring...

And yes it looks ok to me.. cant see anything out of place (well apart from the changes mentioned :))

If you want proper confirmation then send the serial number and full body shots and a close up of headstock back and front to Gibson Customer Service and they will confirm it for you.

Enjoy it man.. [thumbup]

Clearly a legit Les Paul, Claudiel. Congrats on your nice buy, looks very pretty! [love]

Ah yes, and welcome here to this nice place in the web. [thumbup]

I love them TP-6 finetuners and have put one of these on next to all of my Gibson USA hardtail guitars. I would want Gibson to offer black ones, too, for matching my Government II series Explorer. [biggrin]

Thanks guys, good to hear and I appreciate all feedback. Only Thing is verifying with Gibson is a bit tedious because they want you to keep the email to a total of 2MB in size, and seeings as the pictures I took are about 4MB each that wouldn't work, these were taken on my Galaxy S5 smartphone by the way. I was able to compress them to around 750kb each, so that would allow me to attach about 2 pictures per email. Seeing as I took around 12 pictures I'd say its gonna be a hell of a lot of fun sending Gibson 6 separate emails lol. Although I'm thinking I might just attach them on here but seeing as the limit is only 500K my best bet would be to upload them to something like tinypic or photobucket then sharing the link here.

Thanks guys, good to hear and I appreciate all feedback. Only Thing is verifying with Gibson is a bit tedious because they want you to keep the email to a total of 2MB in size, and seeings as the pictures I took are about 4MB each that wouldn't work, these were taken on my Galaxy S5 smartphone by the way. I was able to compress them to around 750kb each, so that would allow me to attach about 2 pictures per email. Seeing as I took around 12 pictures I'd say its gonna be a hell of a lot of fun sending Gibson 6 separate emails lol. Although I'm thinking I might just attach them on here but seeing as the limit is only 500K my best bet would be to upload them to something like tinypic or photobucket then sharing the link here.

[thumbup] This is exactly the way to go. You may also link them into this form when posting your inquiry: http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx

Archived