Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard Pro Plus Top in Dirty Lemon

Thomse

What a beautiful guitar...lemon drop...don't look "sour" to me...not one bit...nice, real nice. How is the "action" ? Are you going to leave the "stock" pickups in it ? Those plus top pro Epiphones really are stunning instruments and the lemon drop ...wowmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_blink.gifmsp_huh.gif

] I just got this today . and i just opened the box . I will put more pictures up later .

Looks very nice, beautiful maple top, and the finish doesn't look dirty to me, too. [love][biggrin] Congrats, HNGD, have fun with her! [thumbup]

Did you buy a matching case? I think she well deserves that.

What a beautiful guitar...lemon drop...don't look "sour" to me...not one bit...nice, real nice. How is the "action" ? Are you going to leave the "stock" pickups in it ? Those plus top pro Epiphones really are stunning instruments and the lemon drop ...wowmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_blink.gifmsp_huh.gif

Thanks Crust she came in flawless and my Genesis was sent back you know how it goes ether they are great or not .I am waiting on the new one as for the les Paul it is set up like a luther did it every thing is perfect . no fish eyes on nothing .I plan on leaving it stock i like the pro pickups i have them in my 335 . I am going to play it when i get home from work today and i will put some more picture up . The back of the guitar is as pretty as the front . Hey i like your new wildcat she is pretty .

Looks very nice, beautiful maple top, and the finish doesn't look dirty to me, too. [love][biggrin] Congrats, HNGD, have fun with her! [thumbup]

Did you buy a matching case? I think she well deserves that.

Thanks this guitar like made my day . I told my wife she is one of my prettiest Les Paul's i have . Yes i ordered a gator tweed case for it . I like epiphone cases but i need to change it so i can identify it from my others the case is more money but she .Is worth it i think guitars do better in cases .

Thomse, she looks great. Apologies if I missed it if you have previously posted about your Genesis, but could you say why you sent it back? Considering one myself. Thanks.

Hi Vorner I sent it back due to ruff handling and the finish and ever thing about the guitar was bad looked like a 2nd or worse.I have a lot of Epiphone and more from mail order if it not what i like i send it back .I have another one coming as far as a guitar i think its a great buy can wait to get it .

Whoever decided to call that finish "dirty lemon" needs to be reassigned. Why name such a beautiful finish something that sounds like garbage?

Had an older MIK Plus Top in that color 9 or 10 years ago. At the time, it was called "Amber Burst." I think the faded/dirty lemon nomenclature came from the way some '58 & '59 Les Pauls lost the red in their original bursts.

I agree, not a very flattering term/name, but it's gotten to be pretty common.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i spent some time with this Les Paul it is one of the best epiphone Les Paul's i have . The Pro pick ups have great sound .I don't use the coil taps to much i like the full sound on that guitar as far as the wood work it is top notch from the joints to the maple top .No flaws in the finish . I don't even get that with my Gibsons It came set up great the intonation was right on all i did was tune her up . fret dressing was done right . the wires were polished i haven't had that with any of my other epiphones .It just feels like somebody took some time with her .

• 4 weeks later...

I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked them...or maybe the only one willing to admit they liked 'em [flapper]!

Just wish they were available aftermarket. Can think of a few guitars I'd like to try 'em in.

Nice LP BTW.

They have a set for sale on Reverb .com

Had an older MIK Plus Top in that color 9 or 10 years ago. At the time, it was called "Amber Burst." I think the faded/dirty lemon nomenclature came from the way some '58 & '59 Les Pauls lost the red in their original bursts.

I agree, not a very flattering term/name, but it's gotten to be pretty common.

I had one too, a trans amber flametop. Awesome colour and a nice guitar but I am down to one LP (2004 Gibson in iced tea) now from four. Most of the finishes we get now like iced tea and honeyburst are variations on the fading of the '50s sunburst LPs. Lemonburst is definitely my second favourite colour.

Archived