Gibson Brands Forums

On Epiphones limited life time warrenty

catnine

I was curios . I only found an old post asking questions.

I know they don't cover setups or the finish or worn frets and other parts . What do they cover?

Say an acoustic that shows no alterations or damage and suddenly the bridge come off do they repair that?

Also one little glitch . Some on-line sellers like Sweet Water claim they set up and inspect every guitar with a 55 point process . Not just Epiphone's but all guitars . They can't possibly be an authorized repair center for every brand they sell . So say they lower the action by sanding a saddle or adjust the truss rod and make a few marks on the socket or what ever rod adjustment and you need Epi to repair the bridge that came off . There is no way to tell who did the saddle of the truss rod or setup or who leveled a high fret so does this void the warranty in Epi's eye's.

Not unless set work is very obvious and they say the damage was a result of said work . SW and others that are authorized dealers have some lee way just like a new car you can do your own oil changes and not void warranty but you may have to fight depending on what went wrong . But to the point of set ups every guitar varier's I don't care what the standard is from the brand it's all null and void when they come in to the stores different and you can tell that from two models next to each other out of the same batch order with set ups completely different . Now pleking is different there should be no set up required and if they say they did I'd be asking questions more so as a precaution . Basic set ups neck adjust and saddle height should be an across the board acceptance but if you have alterations like a new bone saddle and or nut replacement that's all on you fi they point the finger that way . Always make sure your luthier is skilled . lots of guitar store techs/salesman mean well but don't make the grade I only trust my gear to the masters and believe it or not they end up costing less then in store and do it right the fist time . I find that stores focus more on sales concern then actual care and knowledge but that applies to most chain stores and I mean no disrespect to true love what you do folks . to close know who works on your gear their experience and craftmanship and with that your ahead of the game. :)

Archived