Gibson Brands Forums

My Funny Valentine

flatbaroque

Thank L5!

Cheers Nick.I used these two lessons as my base camp.

They are both in Cm but I did it in Bm to suit my voice.But all the chords just move down a fret...same shapes.

Just as an aside one of the best vocals I came across on the net was Matt Damon the actor in one of the Ripley movies.He had all the Chet Baker nuances down pat.

Great song, one of the classics. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but..... here's my big band doing the song. That's not me on guitar, I let one of my students play this tune. Enjoy!

Your band! That's very cool Larry.As you say...great song.Enjoyable to sing and play.No wonder so many have covered it.

Thanks Sal!In my limited jazz chord knowledge I've come to realise that because so many of the chord shapes are moveable its not so hard to find the right key for the vocals...just slide everything up or down a fret of two...maybe a couple of chords might need some adjustment.

Dave have you confused me with BK? No worries..we are both dinki-di!

Thanks Sal!In my limited jazz chord knowledge I've come to realise that because so many of the chord shapes are moveable its not so hard to find the right key for the vocals...just slide everything up or down a fret of two...maybe a couple of chords might need some adjustment.

Dave have you confused me with BK? No worries..we are both dinki-di!

Sorry about that FB.

Archived