Gibson Brands Forums

Cobra Burst J 45 Love!!!

splake

Purchased a Cobra Burst J-45 from Guitar Center. Love the Look and the sound!!!. Strong, punchy. Even a hack like me can hear and feel it. Although a new J 45 wont make me a better guitarist, it cant Hurt :)

I still love my little washburn!!.

Godspeed!

Yes I would love to see pics as well......congratulations!

Yeah man. I will get some pics up later today.. When I can figure out how to post a pic. The guy at GC told me Gibson discontunied the Cobra burst. Unsure if he was just trying to make a sale or not, but anyway, she looks spectactular!!

Yeah man. I will get some pics up later today.. When I can figure out how to post a pic. The guy at GC told me Gibson discontunied the Cobra burst. Unsure if he was just trying to make a sale or not, but anyway, she looks spectactular!!

I don't think Gibson ever planned the Cobra Burst as a "permanent" burst option. Kind of like the Tri-burst, and the Iguana Burst LPs - a run of them has shown up a coupla times.

Pic posting help - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Congrats!

To me the J-45 is one of those perfect guitars. Like the Martin D-28 they show they got it right the first time and nobody has been able to improve on it.

Gotta admit though those cobra bursts make a little shudder run through me. Just not my style I guess.

Here she is, I posted her under another thread also. She is a beaut!! She has scratches all over her from the neanderthals in the Acoustic room at Guitar Center, but I rescued her from there anyway. I left the plastic on the pick guard as the new ness has not worn off yet. [biggrin]

God save the queen.

T.

IMG_0217_zps43f52cca.jpg

IMG_0218_zps1aeb48f0.jpg

Congratulations! I REALLY like this J-45 cobra burst! What a beautiful guitar! It must sound dynamite! The wood grains on top look so mysterious! Quite stunning! I also like the classy dark pins in it, are they Ebony? ...Oh and the bridge looks like a perfect cut of rosewood!

Here she is, I posted her under another thread also. She is a beaut!! She has scratches all over her from the neanderthals in the Acoustic room at Guitar Center, but I rescued her from there anyway. I left the plastic on the pick guard as the new ness has not worn off yet. [biggrin]

God save the queen.

T.

IMG_0217_zps43f52cca.jpg

IMG_0218_zps1aeb48f0.jpg

That is sweet looking guitar congrats to you

Congrats! Beauteous - added benefit, you don't have to worry about putting the first scratch on it - and got a discount for them! Maybe enough to get a cobraskin strap!

Some of those scratches may come out with Meguirs Auto Scratch Remover, applied lightly and sparingly. Also, Gibson's Polish (orange label pump bottle) helps fill them in.

But - the only thing that you should focus on is realizing you now have to step up your game and play it like you were an 18 year old shredding on it at Guitar Center !

Nice.

not so common on the forum , which is surprising as they are attractive guitars.

what's the dadarrio thing? A string cleaner?

HI, its a humidifier, one goes in the case up by the head, and one lays across the strings.

Congrats! Beauteous - added benefit, you don't have to worry about putting the first scratch on it - and got a discount for them! Maybe enough to get a cobraskin strap!

Some of those scratches may come out with Meguirs Auto Scratch Remover, applied lightly and sparingly. Also, Gibson's Polish (orange label pump bottle) helps fill them in.

But - the only thing that you should focus on is realizing you now have to step up your game and play it like you were an 18 year old shredding on it at Guitar Center !

Yes, good point. I already considered a snake skin strap!!! and truss rod cover. [smile]

Time to get busy.

T.

Archived