Gibson Brands Forums

New here, well almost..

splake

Been on the sight first time a couple of years ago or 1 1/2. whos counting. But only have 11 posts to date and I have never formally introduced...

I am a hack. My only guitar up to a week ago was a Small Washburn Classical Guitar. Recently, bought a J-45 Cobra Burst and love it. I still am so used to my washies Nylon strings though. When I first joined this sight a while back I bought a 70's J-45, but after getting it home and screwing around with it. It wasnt right,,, I took it to Chicago Music Exchange and they re-strung it and told me it needed a neck reset, amont other things...

I returned the J-45 and now have one again. Love the Cobra.... Next up the Dove. Hopefully by Spring, I will have enough scratch saved up.

I am here to learn from others, see the path's you all took, and forge my own. I need to learn scales, My main instruction comes from You tube and I could use music theory instruction in a bad way... I am currently working on my bucket list of tunes I want to learn. The more I play, the more I kick myself for not sticking with this when i was 12.

I am just trying to navigate my life through the horror adn nightmare of corporate American, play guitar when I can, as much as I can, and absorb all a 47 year old can.

Happy to have found the passion again, and happy to be here again. [biggrin]

Thanks!!

Laters.

T.

Hello T. Congrats on the new J-45. Play it all you can, whenever you can, have fun with it. Corporate America, huh? I feel your pain. Have an office with a door? Shlep a cheap guitar to work, stash it under your desk, and don't be afraid to close your door and grab your guitar when things seem bleak.

Greetings. Glad to have you back. You are in good company as far as having started guitar and then drifted away. It's pretty common. The thing is, you still have lots of years to finish with that bucket list. Of course, it will get longer the more you play [smile] . Enjoy the journey.

You Guys are going to have to wait to see my new beauty. I cant upload. I get error message that that file size is too large when I try to post up a pic?

Any help would be appreciated to reduce file size or whatever...!!

thanks

T.

Here she is boys, Ms. Cobra burst. I nicknamed her - Snake. Yes I left the plastic on the pick guard as the newness hasnt worn off yet. Lots of scratches on her from the neanderthals in the Acoustic room at Guitar center.

But I bought her anyway. Sorry for the crappy lit pics, took em with my phone.

God Save the queen.

thanks!

IMG_0218_zps1aeb48f0.jpg

IMG_0217_zps43f52cca.jpg

Archived