Gibson Brands Forums

Lzzy Hale Explorer Owners Board

ZuWa

Sam Ash is still showing "in stock" but at a higher price (authorized Gibson dealer...).

I also saw the one on eBay for $2049, the seller looks trustworthy and has a TON of high end guitars. I bought an LP Supreme last year from a similar eBay seller. His story was that he was the son of the store owner and his Dad hooked him up with a side business.

He would buy through the store at wholesale and sell them outside of the business for less than retail prices. When I got it there were no issues with it and it was $400.00 cheaper than had I bought it through the store. eBay has a buyer protection policy and if anything were wrong with it when it arrived I would have been fully covered.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got mine today.The smell of fresh paint is very strong.. After a guick tune it played amazing.Intonation was perfect.Cant post sond clips just yet. One thing i noticed on the bridge, all the saddles are pointed the same way.Every other Tuneomatic bridge had 3 pionted one way and three the other.Is everyones like this? I also replaced the speed knobs with mother of pearl top knobs to look more like Lzzy'spost-68214-012192600 1414533203_thumb.jpgpost-68214-035423500 1414533205_thumb.jpgpost-68214-043851500 1414533204_thumb.jpg

She's beautiful!

The saddles are set in the standard "stair-step" fashion.

They can face any direction. My Lzzy has them all facing the same way too. As long as she's intonated and the strings are clearing the rear of the bridge you're good.

The smell goes away after about a week if you leave the guitar out of the case and leave the case open to air out.

Congrats agn and look fwd to checking out how she sounds.

Is the lining in the case red? Not sure if its just the photos or not but it looks red to me, hopefully its not that hot pink lining. I also wonder if the color will transfer onto the body of the guitar after a while? There were some Gibson cases a few years back with black colored lining that eventually discolored white-bodied LP's.

Is the lining in the case red? Not sure if its just the photos or not but it looks red to me, hopefully its not that hot pink lining. I also wonder if the color will transfer onto the body of the guitar after a while? There were some Gibson cases a few years back with black colored lining that eventually discolored white-bodied LP's.

The lining of the case is red. Don't know abt the color of case lining coming off on guitars but I guess it's worth looking to.

The SKB soft case claims and presents itself to be more than a standard gig bag. I would like to think that it's sufficient to protect the guitar while it's being transported in my car and carried into the venue.

The original case is awesome for its intended purpose - to protect the guitar while in storage or transported via buses and trucks to gigs. I think a well padded gig bag will serve the purpose for when Lzzy needs to get to a bar and back safely.

The SKB soft case claims and presents itself to be more than a standard gig bag. I would like to think that it's sufficient to protect the guitar while it's being transported in my car and carried into the venue.

The original case is awesome for its intended purpose - to protect the guitar while in storage or transported via buses and trucks to gigs. I think a well padded gig bag will serve the purpose for when Lzzy needs to get to a bar and back safely.

Unfortunately bad things can happen at gigs as well. Cases get stuff thrown on top of them or knocked over. I'm always extra careful with my gear but others don't care.

I'll have to try that soft case out and see if it will protect from those type of dangers. There is also a much cheaper bag that is getting good reviews too but I'm a little skeptical. I guess there will be some degree of acceptable risk going from super safe but clumsy to carry (orig case) to less clumsy - and less safe.

The only guitar that I regularly keep in a gig bag is an acoustic of all things - and it's never gotten a scratch. It's a Wechter that came with a very high quality bag.

The SKB hard case is very well-built and isn't anywhere near as heavy or cumbersome as the Gibson cases. I have two, and soon to be three, Explorers and it fits all of them well. I've had it out a few times and although strange-looking its a nice alternative. For me it was worth the investment.

No.. my bridge is not like that.It is strait. You may have a defect.

Thanks. I got a call back from the salesperson who told me he spoke to a tech at Gibson. Supposedly the tech said to check the Gibson homepage and look at their photos of the Lzzy Explorer. According to him the bridge on mine with the tilt is EXACTLY the same as in the photo however I just checked the photos and the Gibson site bridge looks pretty damn level to me. I'm going to have a talk with him tomorrow.

Thanks. I got a call back from the salesperson who told me he spoke to a tech at Gibson. Supposedly the tech said to check the Gibson homepage and look at their photos of the Lzzy Explorer. According to him the bridge on mine with the tilt is EXACTLY the same as in the photo however I just checked the photos and the Gibson site bridge looks pretty damn level to me. I'm going to have a talk with him tomorrow.

What actual problem are you trying to remedy? Is the intonation off, or is the action too high, etc.

Please post a pic!

The Lzzy Explorer is equipped with TonePros bridge and tailpiece. I've attached a link to their website where they describe the installation of their parts into new and existing guitars.

Maybe some of the info will be helpful.

TonePros Installation

The actual problem is that the entire bridge is tilted on a forward angle towards the headstock. I can't take a photo right now because its still at the dealer and I didn't even bring it home yesterday, after my tech looked at it, it went immediately back to the store for them to look at. Instead of being perpendicular to the guitar body the bridge is tilted downward and is very noticeable. It looks like the posts are actually bent towards the headstock.I've read that this is a frequent issue on some Heritage LP's. The main problem is if the holes are improperly drilled and the posts have no choice but to angle then the holes need to be filled in, re-drilled, then the posts put back in. I'm not willing to do that on a brand new $2500 guitar.

I spoke with the guy who sold it to me at the store and he said that he called Gibson directly and ran the situation by them. According to him the Gibson tech said that 'those guitars are specifically set up that way' but that's not true at all based on feedback and every other photo of this model I've looked at. Every photo I've found shows the bridge completely flat and one dealer I spoke to said mine is just another example of poor Gibson QC. I also called Gibson and spoke to someone who said that he couldn't tell for sure if it was an issue but did say that 'if a certified luthier/repairman says its a problem then its most likely a problem'. My tech said that intonation will be all but impossible because the saddles that need to be moved back can't be moved far enough because of the slope of the bridge and in his opinion its 'unuseable'. As soon as he looked at it he closed the case and told me to take it back to the dealer. I think I'm just going to get a refund and buy elsewhere.