Gibson Brands Forums

Having trouble changing avatar

bonzoboy

I have spent over an hour all told trying to change the avatar on my profile.Whenever I try to upload the pic,a notice comes up that it's too big,even though a printout comes up saying that it will automatically be scaled to fit in the 50 X 50 pixel format yet it still comes up being too big.My computer skills are practically non existent so I can't cut and paste etc.I was hoping that the setting for automatically adjusting the scale would do the trick.Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or that I'm missing?

Absolutely. My avatar is an animated GIF. I made a 120x120 GIF image of each of each of my Gibson guitars. Then I used an animated GIF assembler I have to put the separate GIF images in to one animated GIF file. An animated GIF has a set of pics for a slide show or animation inside, along with some info that allows a browser to flip through the pics at a set speed. The software I use is called Animated GIF Creator. There might be some free programs out there. Would be glad to help - PM me for more details.

Archived