Gibson Brands Forums

Ren - part two is gone.

bobouz

Yes, it is showing as "private" on the Music Villa site as well. Yeah, well it was kinda "private"; MV must've gotten a phone call from a scary "someone".

Glad we had an opportunity in Krassi's thread to look closely, esp the part shedding light, from Ren's side, as to why the whole custom Custom Shop was suspended. "They ... uh, had a problem with the way I was getting paid".

Part 1 is still viewable.

So now we are left to wonder what kind of phone calls or emails were exchanged that resulted in Part II being pulled from public view. And most of us fill in the blanks with content worse than it actually was. Seems to me the act of removing the video has the potential to cause more negative PR than anything Ren said.

"Hallo Music Villa. Please tell us - all the foks in the Gibson Acoustic forum why did you suspend the Part II of Ren Ferguson's Real story of Gibson to Guild?"

This is a question I asked directly as a comment to the Part I. of Ren's interview with Tony from Music Villa.Who knows - may be I will have my answer...

Seems to me the act of removing the video has the potential to cause more negative PR than anything Ren said.

Heard, , unless some calming explanation occurs. The small goats in the interview was really nothing.

Like these pages allows rants and reasonable critical views on certain Gibson-issues and thus make the Board breathe, the Ferguson story worked in the same fashion.

The development is a sign of the tie getting tighter.

Why on earth Polecastro and Ferg didn't present the idea for the G-bosses in order to get in basic synch before take-off is beyond me. .

Why on earth Polecastro and Ferg didn't present the idea for the G-bosses in order to get in basic synch before take-off is beyond me. .

If you want a candid interview, the last thing you want to do is consult with those who might be offended in some way by that candor.

The fact that this interview has been removed is not a good sign. I doubt that we'll ever see part 3.

If you want a candid interview, the last thing you want to do is consult with those who might be offended in some way by that candor.

Perhaps, but this is like steering directly into the wall. Waste of time, spirit and opportunity to a degree of amateurism.

Remember T.P. is an allied to Bozeman in some way. .

Perhaps, but this is like steering directly into the wall. Waste of time, spirit and opportunity to a degree of amateurism.

Remember T.P. is an allied to Bozeman in some way. .

Certainly MV--and by extension Tony the Beard---has something at stake in not offending Gibson.

You are expecting Gibson to respond in a reasoned fashion, accepting criticism where it may be appropriate, as well as understanding the great deal of love shown by Ren for Gibson acoustics. My experience has been that people do not like to be criticized, even when that criticism may be valid.

Airing dirty laundry is always a risky proposition, and Gibson clearly has the muscle to pull the laundry back inside if they want. Maybe they are still feeling burned by their run-in with the feds.

If Gibson had a problem with this interview it might have been that people who are loyal Gibson buyers might be taking a serious look at Guild now that Ren is involved. I know he has been with them for a while but this puts a spotlight on their rebirth.

I never took Guild seriously based on the less than inspiring D40 I own. I know that's not rational, but my knowledge that Ren has been involved with them and then seeing and hearing him talk about the company makes me want to take a closer look. Both MV and Gibson could be concerned that I'm not alone.

Of course that's only one small part of what is overall corporate paranoia.

I didn't find anything in parts 1 or 2 to be particularly derogatory. I think Ren told his story without injecting much drama at all. Very tactful I thought. I could never pull that off.

I'm curious to hear if anyone gets a response from MV. And it's not like we're standing outside with pitchforks and torches, we'd just like to know what happened.

Ren is a class act…..his interview 2 was respectful of all parties……but sometimes the truth hurts……If outside pressure caused that interview to be removed, that would be disappointing, but if all avenues for Ren to get out his side of things are blocked, I hope he will write an "expose all" book some day……Ren doesn't really owe anything to anyone…..he's always done the best job he can wherever he goes, hope this continues at Guild/Cordoba!!

Well, we've all heard the complaints in the past from dealers who felt Gibson was a less than ideal company to deal with. If Gibson seriously had any hand in removing the video (glad I caught it) then it speaks of a company ruled by fear. I didn't hear anything objectionable. Ren spoke with eloquence and very measuredly about his situation. He didn't rant or throw anyone under the bus. But if Gibson objected, then their skin in too thin for my liking.

I look forward to hearing what comes out of Guild/Cordoba.

How is everyone so sure that gibson took the videos off air ?

and how could they ?

maybe theres a different reason for them disappearing ?

I guess we'll have a better idea if and when Music Villa responds to enquiries.

Has anyone with a Google account signed in to see if they can access this?

On reflection, I am starting to think Fender probably pulled it!

Interesting. Back around 2005 I tried to sell a set of Grover tuners I had removed from a Gretsch. The butterbean buttons were proprietary to Gretsches of that period so I auctioned them off as "Grover tuners from a Gretsch Country Club". Ebay killed my auction and the reason stated was a complaint from the owner of the trademarked name.

Apparently FMIC is thin skinned.

Archived