Gibson Brands Forums

Early 90s Sheraton pickguard

burchster

When my 92 Sheraton was at the tech getting cleaned up they accidentally broke the pickguard. While it has been glued back together, I wondering if anyone has an extra one of these early 90s Sherry guards they dont need. They got me a new one from Gibson but it is completely different and does not even come close to fitting.

You can have Tony at Pickguardian make one from your original as a template. Is it a bound Pickguard?

I'm not too sure if he does those but you can call and ask.

here's his website.

Reasonable prices and it will fit because he uses your original to make the new one.

http://www.pickguardian.com/

Hope you get it worked out reguardless of who pays.

That Tech has no business doing guitar repair if he can't take responsibilty for damaging a guitar.

Just saying... ](*,)

They took responsibility I just picked up the guitar before the new guard came and when I went to put it on found it won't fit...he's good I just got excited to play my guitar. The guard is really cracked and brittle because the guitars previous owner left it out so it's no wonder it broke. I was just hoping someone on here had an original..I'll be taking it back so they can have me a new one made.

Might look at Terrapin, too. I've used both suppliers and had better luck with them. Shorter turn around, better detailing, a little less expensive. Handy hint on shipping pickguards to be copied, BTW. Slap it in the middle of a magazine, put it in a manila envelope and ship it "Media Mail" (the mag helps protect it, too). Much cheaper. gets there fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived