Gibson Brands Forums

Fargen Amp

Bryan Sutherland

I came across Fargen Amps while searching the nether regions of the World Wide Web, and they look to be quite the formidable home/studio amp if you are into classic Marshall tones. Here's a link:

http://www.exclusiveamps.com/mini-plex-mk-iii/

I don't have the ability to try one of these amps so I have to rely on YouTube and online reviews. But it looks and sounds like the real deal. Although a bit on the pricey side for a 12W head...

Has anyone every played through one of these? Does it actually compare to a JTM-45, plexi, or JCM800? I've not played through any of these amps, but if I were to pick 3 Marshalls to be stuck on a deserted island with (given that said island had electricity), these would definitely be the 3.

I've never used one, but I've heard em enough on demos and recordings to tell ya these guys don't screw around.

for a boutique amp, you could do worse price wise too.

Yep, I am gonna try to find one in a big box store next time I'm in the real world and take her for a spin... for what I do, this would be perfect. And apparently Ben Fargen has excellent customer service and can do custom work, albeit for a price.

Fargen has an excellent reputation. You can't go wrong with their stuff. [thumbup]

That's the impression I'm getting, reviews all around the WWW are very positive for his products and customer service. I know nothing beats the original, but the mini-plex and olde 800 both seem to nail the Marshall tone (particularly the JCM 800 setting). Can't wait to try it!!

Archived