Gibson Brands Forums

Bono's Apology for forcing his music on the world

Rabs

I thank them and Apple for doing it. I downloaded it and have been listening to it. I thought it was a cool idea and I didn't feel it was forced on me. Hell, I could have just as easily not downloaded it.

I dunno… I could have thought of A LOT worse things to befall someone than a U2 album appearing in your iTunes list!

With all the !@#&* "music" out there today—and no genre is immune—U2's music is one of the last great bastions of music with integrity and soul.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.

But of course! We need to keep things in perspective for each other from time to time. [wink]

Very well put. [thumbup]

I'm not sure about things in perspective, but as far as I get it, the main purpose of the Gibson fora is field research on therapy of GAS attacks. [lol]

What's the problem with getting a free U2 album? If you don't want it, don't download it, if you don't like it delete it! Problem solved. I bet there's more people happy about getting it than are complaining, it's just, as with most things, the complainers are more vocal.

Ian

PS if any other bands want to give me a free album, I'm very receptive to the idea. [thumbup]

Look I'm not huge U2 fan, (I don't dislike, but I'm not nuts about em) I don't think any one from U2 or Apple were out to ruin anyone's life.

for crying out loud What is the problem? you don't want it, FINE - JUST DELETE IT shaddap and move on already!

Everyone is so freakin uptight, right lets not offend anyone.. Getting tired of this panty wearing society we've found ourselves in the midst of.

Enough already..

Hey people out there, get a life,, relax for God's sake...

As already has been said, a lot worse things other than getting free music can happen to you!

Not that I have any strong opinions on this, but really SHUT UP!

[lol]

Yes. What KB said.

I thought Bono handled it really well, actually. Credit where credit is due.

Didn't try to blame anyone else; didn't dismiss the complaint out of hand. Apologised for having offended the wee girl but explained why he thought it might be welcomed by the public.

Good for him.

P.

Pippy, if it sounds like I'm loosing my patience for little wall flowers like this person complaining about getting something for nothing, than you're right. I am!

It's like the people who complain endlessly about stuff they see on TV --- If you don't like it, why are you watching it?

Don't want U2 on your iPhone,, USE THE DELETE BUTTON... What is the freaking big deal?

These are probably the same loons that will stand in line for three days to get the new iPhone before anyone else, and not find a problem with that...

it's craziness.

I'm with the likers on this one! In all fairness, any music lover would have to laud the huge catalogue of great music over a long span that this band has aquired. And not much unoriginal there at all. I smashed " The Joshua Tree" and "Achtung Baby" for years. Brilliant atmospheric art. And as a footnote, as FZ said, whilst the Edge may not be a fantastic guitarist comparatively, he is a master at his relatively simple effects. There's a great movie from a couple of years ago called" It might get loud" with him, Page, and Jack White getting together talking and jamming which is a real eye opener, and really worth watching. [thumbup]

1414277485[/url]' post='1582230']

I know some people worship U2, I just can't understand why. They have done some good songs over the the course of there career. I just don't get the pedestal they have been put upon. I will say one thing no one plays the effects pedals like The Edge.

Edge's rhythm has to be FLAWLESS....riding on a constant slap back delay...I'm not a big fan of U2 either...but gotta give props...made more $$$ then my poor arse will EVER see...

Archived