Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner swap

Warpig of The Power

Hello earthlings, I was pondering whether or not I would be able to make a direct switcharoo between these

Gibson Deluxe tuners

7977181_800.jpg

Kluson Wafflebacks

8948705_800.jpg

I'm asking because I'm getting a new Les Paul Traditional 2014, and it will be my second electric guitar. But I'm a big fan of golden hardware, so I thought it could be cool to swap. I'm not very content on just getting the golden Gibson Deluxe, because I'm not a fan of the pearloid machineheads, I would like all metal tuners.

This is the guitar I'm getting.

http://www.thomann.de/dk/gibson_lp_traditional_2014_wr.htm

well, here on planet earth, we'd just try to get a measurement on the mounting holes on both, if the match, I guess you're golden.

or do what some of us are wild enough to do.. buy a set, and see what happens, if they don't fit, send them back! [thumbup]

that's a beauty of an LP you've got on deck. I wouldn't change a thing! (but that's just me, an unassuming earthling..)

well, here on planet earth, we'd just try to get a measurement on the mounting holes on both, if the match, I guess you're golden.

or do what some of us are wild enough to do.. buy a set, and see what happens, if they don't fit, send them back! [thumbup]

that's a beauty of an LP you've got on deck. I wouldn't change a thing! (but that's just me, an unassuming earthling..)

I also think it's beautiful the way it is, I just thought it might be fun to play around with the colours, personalize it so to say.

Not only the spacing of the two screw holes, but also the relationship of the small screws to the tuner post.

If that's off, none of the screws will line up.

I did a little Google, and looked at Kluson Tuners images. Came up with the diagrams.

The traditional tuners screws are 24.7 mm. spacing, while the waffleback are 27.53 mm. spacing.

So, no.

But, you can get the traditional tuners with gold oval buttons. Just not the waffle back.

Archived