Gibson Brands Forums

My new favorite Epiphone

PeteWilson

I have found my new favorite guitar! I have had it for months, and played it regularly. Recently, I plugged in the cable and, unbeknownst to me, it had become unscrewed and fell inside the guitar. Since I have not the requisite skills or tools to retrieve it, I took it to my local guitar hospital. They fished out the output jack, and while they had it, set it up properly and restrung it with DR Black Beauties 10-46. That thing plays and sounds better than it ever has! My new favorite.

I have only had one other guitar "set up", but this made a huge difference! Y'all were right! Get that new guitar set up properly!

Play well!

Pete

I have found my new favorite guitar! I have had it for months, and played it regularly. Recently, I plugged in the cable and, unbeknownst to me, it had become unscrewed and fell inside the guitar. Since I have not the requisite skills or tools to retrieve it, I took it to my local guitar hospital. They fished out the output jack, and while they had it, set it up properly and restrung it with DR Black Beauties 10-46. That thing plays and sounds better than it ever has! My new favorite.

I have only had one other guitar "set up", but this made a huge difference! Y'all were right! Get that new guitar set up properly!

Play well!

Pete

They are a real nice guitar Pete . And a little work and they are a great guitar .

You've had it for months and the plastic is still on the pickguard....That's keeping things as good as new a whole new meaning.

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

I totally dig the P93 - I got a used P93 Goldtop and it is really a great guitar.

Congrats on a great looking guitar. Santa put one of these in my stocking a few years ago and it has solved the "where did my jack go" problem ever since:

http://www.amazon.com/JackTight-Electric-Guitar-Output-Repair/dp/B0062OJV0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1414191517&sr=1-1&keywords=jacktight

Also, if you ever want to know how to do anything to that guitar, YouTube, Planetz has a great four part tutorial on rewiring a P93:

Enjoy, great looking guitar, and yeah, a good first setup is invaluable. I usually take all new guitars to my luthier for a "any hidden defects?" search and an initial setup if no issues during the initial (usually 30 day) return period, but that's just me.

Congrats on a great looking guitar. Santa put one of these in my stocking a few years ago and it has solved the "where did my jack go" problem ever since:

http://www.amazon.com/JackTight-Electric-Guitar-Output-Repair/dp/B0062OJV0I/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1414191517&sr=1-1&keywords=jacktight

Also, if you ever want to know how to do anything to that guitar, YouTube, Planetz has a great four part tutorial on rewiring a P93:

Enjoy, great looking guitar, and yeah, a good first setup is invaluable. I usually take all new guitars to my luthier for a "any hidden defects?" search and an initial setup if no issues during the initial (usually 30 day) return period, but that's just me.

Thanks, Dennis!

Archived