Gibson Brands Forums

Let's See Your Favorite Strap

DenverSteve

Straps for some of us, especially performing individuals and pros, are very important and sometimes personal. Let's see your favorite strap. This one of mine is the most comfortable and lightweight strap I have. I have lots of leather straps from many makers - but this one gets my attention more frequently than any other. How about yours?

7bd1076f-3b93-45f2-93e2-a52c5e26ef45_zps89219a4d.jpg 00d7b8a7-b29a-431a-a0a2-55c63ebe3417_zpsc43de7ec.jpg

Straps for some of us, especially performing individuals and pros, are very important and sometimes personal. Let's see your favorite strap. This one of mine is the most comfortable and lightweight strap I have. I have lots of leather straps from many makers - but this one gets my attention more frequently than any other. How about yours?

7bd1076f-3b93-45f2-93e2-a52c5e26ef45_zps89219a4d.jpg 00d7b8a7-b29a-431a-a0a2-55c63ebe3417_zpsc43de7ec.jpg

I like it.

Where's that from?

Good post DenverSteve. My problem is few straps fit in the case. The cases are snug, as I would hope. But with a leather strap of average thickness, you can't close the top. It is too big a hassle to remove the strap and put it back on, plus over time, the holes on the end of the strap get stretched. Big heavy leather straps look cool, but to me, the thinner flexible ones are most comfortable. My favorite ever was similar to the fabric one you showed, but woven in Mexico. More for a lighter, classical guitar than a big, heavy SJ200.

Good post DenverSteve. My problem is few straps fit in the case. The cases are snug, as I would hope. But with a leather strap of average thickness, you can't close the top. It is too big a hassle to remove the strap and put it back on, plus over time, the holes on the end of the strap get stretched. Big heavy leather straps look cool, but to me, the thinner flexible ones are most comfortable. My favorite ever was similar to the fabric one you showed, but woven in Mexico. More for a lighter, classical guitar than a big, heavy SJ200.

You should never leave a strap attached to a guitar in the case - especially a nitro finished one. Your Gibson cases have a storage pocket under the neck and you can roll up the strap and put it in the void under the headstock. However - this is a SHOW ME YOUR STRAP thread so let's see it.

Onewilyfool is a the winner up to this point,lol I have a simple black two and a half inch wide levi leather that I like better than any I've had ( no bucles for me thanks, to dangerous on the nitro) but you'll have to use your imagination since I have never figured out how to post pics. At this stage in the game I'm not so sure I could even be taught...lol

I did just get a 'smartphone' turns out it's A LOT smarter than I.

I use and like only the most basic cheapo 4.99 solid material strap with no pattern on it and soft ends on it and soft plastic length adjustors. Stays on the guitar in the case asnd the case clioses with no problem. Nothing on it to scratch the guitar, either. And, comfortable, too. Usually they are sold out st music stores or rhey keep a supply behind the counter so people buy the fancier and more expensive ones, but they usually have them when asked. No e hsve ever damaged any guitar of mine and all are fully funtional. Usually I use have a maroon one on most of my guitars, also dome have a red ir black one on 'em. I like the idea of the guitar and its tone being the focus with a generic simple understated strap on it. Works gor me.

jazzman Jeff aka QM

I'm staying away from that (those!)...

In the 70s, my Tele came with a stock Fender strap that was pretty rubbishy.....

I see they are now collectors items. Ha - they can have 'em - they would cut your shoulder in half after an hour at a gig. I might go rustle through the Fender cases after work.

BluesKing777.

I'm staying away from that (those!)...

In the 70s, my Tele came with a stock Fender strap that was pretty rubbishy.....

I see they are now collectors items. Ha - they can have 'em - they would cut your shoulder in half after an hour at a gig. I might go rustle through the Fender cases after work.

BluesKing777.

I sold one of those on ebay last year for $85 because it had the metal buckle instead of the plastic. It was from the 70's

I sold one of those on ebay last year for $85 because it had the metal buckle instead of the plastic. It was from the 70's

See!

It's true! People are just plain touched!

Where did I put the TWO (2!!!) fender straps I have?

The other worst thing I ever did was use the thing with my 80s Les Paul Custom that tipped the scales at about 55 pounds, or felt like it

BluesKing777.

Archived