Gibson Brands Forums

Jack Bruce dead at 71

Riffster

It is a sad loss indeed but inevitable as we all know....

With the age of the musicians today from bands that were big in the 60's and 70's we will be seeing more passing's probably more frequent than we want to see but every one gets old differently.

Very sad news, loved his playing and he had a very unique voice that fit Cream like a glove... Cream wouldn't have been cream without him for sure... RIP Jack

^^THIS^^.

The news came as a shock to me - fantastic musician - and as Dave said Cream just would not have been cream without Bruce.

Very sad loss.

RIP Jack.

He was an amazing musician, composer, singer, bassplayer who had an extraordinary life.

He was the 1st guy to make me realise what a bass does and is capable of.

RIP. Another unique voice gone.

It is a sad loss indeed but inevitable as we all know....

With the age of the musicians today from bands that were big in the 60's and 70's we will be seeing more passing's probably more frequent than we want to see but every one gets old differently.

You are, unfortunately correct. I've said before that I can remember the days when all of my RnR hero's were dying of drug overdoses or alcohol related "incidents". Now they're all dying from cancer and heart attacks. It especially hits home since I'm in that age group [scared]

In any event, RIP to Jack Bruce, one of the best ever!

Archived