Gibson Brands Forums

Missing 'Made In U.S.A.' Stamp on 2015's

ninjaboostdude

Has anyone else noticed that the place where the 'Made In U.S.A.' stamp used to be on the rear of the headstock is now covered by a GForce black carbuncle? Is the stamp still there underneath, or in some other location, or has it gone? In which case, where's the guarantee you really are buying a product that's made in the USA? Some of the other features like that fret-over binding are just like you find on Chibsons...

Well, who am I to chime in? Supposedly the 2014s are junk to... :mellow:

But, I was shocked when I saw the model line. Everything I saw listed under $3000, they say is B+top. What's with the new cyber-nut? The puke brown/tan trim pieces, the hologram? Probably the worst signature LP did (his last)? Continuing to shove the electronic tuners down the consumers throat?

That's why I bought the nicest, best sounding/playing, most affordable, fewest bells and whistles/gizmos LP I could find.

Well, who am I to chime in? Supposedly the 2014s are junk to... :mellow:

But, I was shocked when I saw the model line. Everything I saw listed under $3000, they say is B+top. What's with the new cyber-nut? The puke brown/tan trim pieces, the hologram? Probably the worst signature LP did (his last)? Continuing to shove the electronic tuners down the consumers throat?

That's why I bought the nicest, best sounding/playing, most affordable, fewest bells and whistles/gizmos LP I could find.

I remember when flame-y tops were bells and whistles.

rct

Archived