Gibson Brands Forums

Mooseguy - One Of Your Lost Excellentes?

zombywoof

Hi Zomby

First let me thank you for your most appreciated current heads up on this Excellente offering and also for the past ones that you so kindly have brought my attention. I do remember this particular guitar back when Guitar Center had it for sale with all the same claims attached. I frankly don't remember their offering price. It is interesting to note that in his quoted remarks, Walter Carter, being the vintage guitar expert he is, is seemingly being circumspect about his own opinion regarding the instrument. I myself can't pass judgement on the claim as I just don't know. However, the one thing I do know is that that the best advice I have ever received from a top dealer regarding should I or should I not buy an item is "WHEN IN DOUBT, DON"T" This has saved me much dinero.

Regards,

Moose

P.S. Now that my fading memory has again kicked in, this guitar with same claims was also listed for sale by Holy Grail Guitars at $7,999 and did not sell on their public offering. It may well have also been on EBay prior to that.

This same guitar is now back on EBay with the latest bid of $5,500 as of 11/4/14

Archived