Gibson Brands Forums

Aluminum/Bronze Ernie Ball

cliffmac

Just got my string order from juststrings.com and these Aluminum/Bronze strings are nice. Less tension on the neck so a small truss rod tweak is in order. But man the tone is awesome deep lows crisp highs and amazing mid range. Tried JohnPearse Light Mediums very nice, Ernie Ball Slinky PB lights are comparable to Elixers, and LaBella Gold Alloy lights have a nice bassie tone and really crisp highs.

The wife likes the sound of LaBellas best, I prefer the Ernie Ball A/B's

What gauge you use or did I miss it lol , I'm still bebating . Broke a string on the 12's B string.

My Epi is down while shadow and I trouble shoot my nano mag issue .

The string feel was an issue to me up front but I'm going to restring my new Guild F-130rce with Alumibronze which are 11's and see what happens

Glad you like them :)

What gauge you use or did I miss it lol , I'm still bebating . Broke a string on the 12's B string.

My Epi is down while shadow and I trouble shoot my nano mag issue .

The string feel was an issue to me up front but I'm going to restring my new Guild F-130rce with Alumibronze which are 11's and see what happens

Glad you like them :)

Ernie Ball A/B are 10-50, the LaBella's are 12-54

Ernie Ball A/B are 10-50, the LaBella's are 12-54

Dang 10's super lights hehehehe my set was 12's but that's because of the open tunings . the set I have in my hands is 11/52 I'll put these on the Guild I hope they feel better .

I have not asked but do you strum mostly or finger pick or both ?

Dang 10's super lights hehehehe my set was 12's but that's because of the open tunings . the set I have in my hands is 11/52 I'll put these on the Guild I hope they feel better .

I have not asked but do you strum mostly or finger pick or both ?

strum mostly, never put the effort into fingerpicking but I see now that it used quite often. What I love about playing the guitar "no matter how good you are there is always something new to learn" a quote from the late great Roy Rumley.

Archived