Gibson Brands Forums

Looking into buying a used 2008 LP Studio

hmmmm

Hey, all. So, I put some money down on a used 2008 Wine Red w/ gold hardware Gibson LP Studio for $575 + case/tax. It sounds amazing, and seems to be in decent shape. I was wondering if there's anything I should be looking for/at that would cause such a low price. Maybe I'm just lucky? Again, everything seems fine, and the sound is what I expect from a Gibson LP.

Thanks! [biggrin]

I went to look at a 2008 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul with a hard case. It was only $500. When I got there, it was obvious from the smell of the case and the rust on the bridge and pickups that the guitar had sustained water damage of some sort. I asked the guy and he admitted he had a broken pipe in his house a few years back and that was why the guitar was only $500.

Ask the guy why he's selling it for a "low price."

I went to look at a 2008 Wine Red Gibson Les Paul with a hard case. It was only $500. When I got there, it was obvious from the smell of the case and the rust on the bridge and pickups that the guitar had sustained water damage of some sort. I asked the guy and he admitted he had a broken pipe in his house a few years back and that was why the guitar was only $500.

Ask the guy why he's selling it for a "low price."

Wow, that sucks. Well, this is at Guitar Center, so they may not know. It appears to be in great shape, though. I'll ask them anyways. Thanks for the help! [smile]

Wow, that sucks. Well, this is at Guitar Center, so they may not know. It appears to be in great shape, though. I'll ask them anyways. Thanks for the help! [smile]

Welcome, Hmmmm, to this nice place in the web. [thumbup]

Perhaps it is useful to be careful when asking. They could tell you a story to talk you into not buying her and later increase the price.

Good luck from here, keep us informed, and post pics, please. [love][wub]

[biggrin]

Welcome, Hmmmm, to this nice place in the web. [thumbup]

Perhaps it is useful to be careful when asking. They could tell you a story to talk you into not buying her and later increase the price.

Good luck from here, keep us informed, and post pics, please. [love][wub]

[biggrin]

Will do! The nice thing is, this particular store is the only non-commission based GC in the state I live in, so there's a little less worry in them screwing with me, and they're pretty cool people. They also have a 30-day return policy, which is nice. I'll probably be picking it up today. Will post a pic. [tongue]

Check out the neck/body joint and the headstock for prior breaks. Play the guitar, make sure you like the feel and all the electronics are in working order. If you like it definitely go for it. I love my 2006 studio but i did try out a bunch of studios at that time and many were duds so watch out for that.

Archived