Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone ever SEE....

retrorod

I just went through some old pics and found these from 2012. A little Music Shop in the North Carolina mountains had one of these Baldwins in the store, 1 of something, signed by Les Paul. So Cool with the flamed cherry sunburst maple and big-*** MOP Gibson logo....

IMG_1162_zpsa6f2d395.jpg

as a guy who spends almost as much time (I said ALMOST) on piano as guitar,

!! NICE !!

using the tulips for the keyboard pull cover -- brilliant!

$38k? I don't think I'd even get with in an arms reach of it.

and I doubt it's weight relieved!

I just went through some old pics and found these from 2012. A little Music Shop in the North Carolina mountains had one of these Baldwins in the store, 1 of something, signed by Les Paul. So Cool with the flamed cherry sunburst maple and big-*** MOP Gibson logo....

IMG_1162_zpsa6f2d395.jpg

THIS is why I love gear forums - you get to see stuff like this you would never know about otherwise. That is beautiful and would look perfect in my studio or in my livingroom. But not for 38k. Thanks for posting that - that's awesome! [thumbup]

It's good to see that it's been finished in a "tasteful burst."

msp_tongue.gif

But yes, I'd love that sitting in my living room or even music room...

But no, not for 38K...

I get the unique nature of such a Piano, and the additional "weight" of Lester's signature, but 38K seems unbelievably over-priced... I'd balk at 10 G's...

Not that I'd ever even spend 10K on a Piano...

Bence - YOU THE MAN! [thumbup]

Almost 10k for the ebony model and only 100 of the Gibson ones made with what sounds like an uber rare wood does add considerable value to this piano. Not to mention that Les Paul signed all of them. [thumbup]

Thanks bence, for the links. Two years ago, I knew the story, but had forgotten.... Not a piano player...BUT am an "all things" Gibson FANATIC!

The Rev hit it on the head....10K for standard.....only a hundred built and signed with this motif....?? Maybe worth it. I would love to have one in my music room.....just because!

From the stores' Facebook page #8 of 100

Asking and getting price are two totally different numbers [cool]

Archived