Gibson Brands Forums

What strings for Synapse Bass?

donnyrocker

In the middle of a gig, I discovered the hard way that off-the-shelf double ball end strings don't work on the Synapse bass I have (Rotosound ordered through GC: non-returnable). These are too short and don't taper to accommodate the (wooden) bridge.

Steinberger's site offers gauges, but no confirmation of length. I prefer flatwound (which I have on my Hofner fretless) but would prefer a confirmed brand for spares.

(I *do* use the SBE flatwounds, but the E string doesn't like staying out, regularly slides out)

Thanks!

In the middle of a gig, I discovered the hard way that off-the-shelf double ball end strings don't work on the Synapse bass I have (Rotosound ordered through GC: non-returnable). These are too short and don't taper to accommodate the (wooden) bridge.

Steinberger's site offers gauges, but no confirmation of length. I prefer flatwound (which I have on my Hofner fretless) but would prefer a confirmed brand for spares.

(I *do* use the SBE flatwounds, but the E string doesn't like staying out, regularly slides out)

Thanks!

not sure exactly on the specs but Sweetwater carries the Double Ball strings by Steinberger. if they don't have them in stock, they can usually order them for you. not too sure if they have flatwounds though.

not sure exactly on the specs but Sweetwater carries the Double Ball strings by Steinberger. if they don't have them in stock, they can usually order them for you. not too sure if they have flatwounds though.

Good to know! I'll be in Sweetwater's neighborhood today, so perhaps I'll have to make a personal visit ;)

Thanks!

Archived