Gibson Brands Forums

D'Addario String Beta Tester

Dennis G

Not sure if any of you are "members" of GC's "My Music Nation" thing. Every now and then, I'll get an email survey to fill out, usually taking about 2-3 minutes at best. You get entered into a drawing for free stuff (yeah, like I've ever got anything).

In any event, got one the other day that D'Addario is looking for opinions on a new acoustic string (NYXL's I think). I'm going to get a free set in the next week or so in exchange for completing an online opinion survey to follow a couple of weeks later.

Couple of questions?

Anyone else in on this?

In the interest of doing a real good eval, what is/are your opinion(s) of what should I be looking at. I'll be thinking brightness, tuning, longevity, etc.

I'm probably going to string them on my Masterbilt AJ500, and will do a bit of recording of each before/after.

BTW, they are supposedly similar to the EJ16 light's, 80/20, 12-53 gauge, which is what I use now.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, all welcome and thanks in advance for any input and/or help.

me too...

Probably put these on the el00 pro I've sandbagged putting on strings since I got it largely due to lack of time give work schedules and, when I have had time, I've wanted to play guitar stedda restring.

I think a lot of this testing thing is, by intent, subjective. How do you think they sound, how do they feel, how do they work for what you do.

As in, why do you usually buy what you usually buy for strings? Why would you stop that and buy these?

m

Archived