Gibson Brands Forums

Giants win!!!

onewilyfool

Growing up in Pasadena during the Koufax/Drysdale era, it's pretty hard to get excited about a Giants victory.

But Bumgarner's pitching was surely impressive. Like our star tonight, I actually saw Koufax come in to pitch in relief for one of the very few times in his career (practically falling out of my upper deck seat in astonishment), in a game against the Cubs. And yes, he pitched shutout ball & the Dodgers won.

And the celebrant turned violent. Sort of ironic. Sad that baseball is becoming invaded by oxymoronic fans. Somehow, I don't think it was KC fans in SF who were upset they lost. Probably they're not really baseball fans - just violent people looking for an excuse.

I'm a Bay Area native and 30 year San Franciscan....don't really care much for professional sports...Except Giants Baseball. If there is one thing that gives me goose bumps every time, it is leaving the ballpark after a Giants win and hearing Tony Bennett sing I left my heart in San Francisco. It's going to be fun in the city today. Tomorrow however a million people expected for the parade...working at home.

Although not a fan of either team (I'm a Braves fan) and usually pulling for the underdog, I was hoping the Royals would pull it off after nearly 30 years since they're last WS. Great play on both sides but Bumgarner is truly impressive.

DC

Lifelong Royals fan here. Game 7 was a punch to the gut, but it was a great run. Hats off to the Giants -- they were gracious champions. Hope it's not another 29 years before we make it back...

Sheesh,Kebob…..that is a young team, only going to get better with time…..their relievers are amazing…..I'm pretty sure they will be back!!!

Sheesh,Kebob…..that is a young team, only going to get better with time…..their relievers are amazing…..I'm pretty sure they will be back!!!

Thing is the Royals have never held onto their talent. The big market teams always come calling. Royals could darn-near field an all-star team with guys they let go (David Cone, Johnny Damon, Carlos Beltran, and several others). I hope they can retain enough to compete again next year.

Looks like we're losing our manager here in Tampa Bay to the Cubs. Good guy. He will be missed...

The Cubs have been quietly re-building. The Cardinal fans here in the Heartland are still in the dark, and it's still a joke to them. The joke is about over. The talent Jed, Brian, and Co. have been putting together will be a force sooner than later.

Getting Joe Maddon would be another piece of the puzzle.

Mad Bum was so good it would've been brilliant to watch had I not decided to root KC the entire way. Instead, it was one ball of frustration. Really loved the youthful energy from the Royals and hope they can field another even better team next year.

Aside from the SF fans on Yahoo! (is it the name Yahoo! that encourages people to live up to its name?), the Giants' people were very classy as well.

All this from a Yankee "fan" who hopes his team gets what they deserve for overpaying for ancient players. (Easy to say when the Red Sox are worse :)

Archived