Gibson Brands Forums

Finally picked me up a set of the new Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze acoustic strings!

Guitar God

Went to one of my local music stores today, well technically yesterday since it's 2:40 in the morning where I live, haha, and got me a set of Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze acoustic strings. I was talking to the owner about them and why nobody has them in stock in my area. Same with the new M-Steel's. He ordered a set for me and I went in there today and they were there. Been dying to try them! I actually didn't need a new set of acoustic strings, since I restrung my acoustics a couple of weeks ago. So, I asked the owner if he'd hold them for me until one of my acoustics needs new strings and he just gave them to me. So, I got a free set of Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze strings. [biggrin] It'll be awhile before I restring one of my acoustics, so I'm not going to do a review on them just yet. But, in the meantime, have anybody on here tried them, yet? If so, how do you like the new Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze strings? I'm super excited to try them out! Will give my input on them as soon as one of my acoustics needs strings and I restring one with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I restrung my Ovation acoustic/electric Sunday night with the new Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze acoustic stings and I'm very pleased with them. They're really crisp sounding and smooth. I have Martin Eric Clapton signature strings on my Ibanez Talman acoustic/electric and I noticed that the Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze strings have a more bell like tone quality and more projection, but it could be the guitars since they're both different. Overall, I'm in love with the Aluminum Bronze strings. I highly recommend them.

Archived