Gibson Brands Forums

Foo Fighters Halloween show at the Ryman in Nashville

Riffster

I was one of the lucky fans to score a ticket through Ticketmaster for this (kind of) surprise show, tickets went on sale on Wednesday and the show is tomorrow.

The show sold out within minutes and a few minutes later hundreds of tickets showed up for resale on websites like vividseats.com and craigslist.

Tons of people are livid, chances to get a ticket were bad enough, tens of thounsands of fans trying to grab ~2,500 tickets.

Entry is paperless and you must show the credit card used to buy the ticket, we'll see how it goes for those who buy scalper tickets.

The band posted on Twitter those tickets will not be honored.

Well, the Foo Fighters show read "High Demand, no tickets available" within one second but that did not mean sold out. I tried for 5 minutes, and as soon as I switched from "best available" to the other option I go lucky. I told a friend and one minute later he also scored a ticket.

Scalping is such a problem for fans but it'll never stop, the profit gains for scalpers are too good.

Before I die I hope to get to see the Ryman in Nashville no matter who is performing. A long time friend and guitar player I grew up with got to see the Ryman a few years ago and told me he was overwhelmed with emotion while he was there just because of the history of that place. Congrats Riffster. I'm jealous.

I don't understand what people see in the Foo Fighters. They just bore me.

They are a Pop Rock band, wide appeal. A product of the 90's that has been actually consistent.

If I made a list of my favorite 50 bands they would not make it in, I am a Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal fan, anything else is recreational listening for me.

Conversely, I could ask you what you see in Frank Zappa.

Archived