Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Byrdland for $1,000.00 US

Californiaman

Surely has to be a mistake! Looks like a genuine one to me, but maybe it would turn out to be not the same guitar as in the photos when shipped?

Actually, this reminds me of a funny story over here in England were a charity shop had a Gibson Les Paul '57 Reissue Custom donated to them and not knowing how much it was worth put a £10 price tag on it! Man, I wish I found a deal like that! Here's the story -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/posts/holyhead_charity_shop_auctions_rare_gibson

Oh duh - there's a picture with the serial number [blush]

I sent him an email. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Says it was posted 24 days ago??? I can't believe that wouldn't have sold in all that time for that price in Bakersfield, CA. Something must be up here. :unsure:

I see "improbable" ads on CL all the time. So, on one, I bit. No response. A second email with my phone number...no response. Then, a few days later I get a call from someone saying "I'm with the Government Bond program." Really??? This happened more than once and it seemed to immediately follow responding to a CL ad. I suspect I'm jaded, but I call this a phishing scam. You probably won't get a response, but I bet you get strange phone calls..

Let me know how it turns out.

Oh duh - there's a picture with the serial number [blush]

I sent him an email. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Says it was posted 24 days ago??? I can't believe that wouldn't have sold in all that time for that price in Bakersfield, CA. Something must be up here. :unsure:

Im the sure the Spammers will be adding your name to their list. :rolleyes:

Im the sure the Spammers will be adding your name to their list. :rolleyes:

I'm smarter than you give me credit for :rolleyes: I used an anonymous email address just for that very purpose and I never provide a phone number or any other traceable information in replying to such listings. I worked in the government for many years Sparky. You never know who you're talking to on these forums :)

The party that is advertising that guitar never responded so it's more likely than not a phishing post.

I used an anonymous email address just for that very purpose....

Well, I'm willing to give it a try with my anonymous email address. I could well be fairly nearby this dude, if that's a legit phone number. I asked him if I could come over and take a look at it... ;) eusa_pray.gif

Well, I'm willing to give it a try with my anonymous email address. I could well be fairly nearby this dude, if that's a legit phone number. I asked him if I could come over and take a look at it... ;) eusa_pray.gif

I haven't heard anything back from my inquiry. And I'm not surprised. Let us know if you get any response. I didn't try calling because I wanted documentation of anything that may have transpired.

Archived