Gibson Brands Forums

dual locks on case

thaied

Sure would be great to add another padlock loop on the bottom side of the handle on all cases.

OK in USA but the animals when flying in the middle east and placing expensive guitars in luggage sure need another deterrent.

Another lock will keep those from trying to force it open.

Only costs 2 cents more for keeping it safe. Std. gear on all cases. msp_flapper.gif The case is strong enough so as not need the skb or other flight cases; if it can be properly locked.

msp_crying.gif

Guitar case locks have always seemed like a complete joke to me. Do you really think someone will steal the guitar out of a case instead of stealing the guitar in the case?

Plus, when traveling in the US (and maybe everywhere), the TSA requires access inside ALL checked baggage. You lock a suitcase, or put a non-TSA lock on any piece of baggage and they're going to cut it off... just because they have the legal right to do so.

Have you ever compared the keys that come with your cases, or with someone else's?

Even some trumpet, clarinet, sax, etc. cases all use the same key as well. SK11 anyone?

Padlock is definitely better, unless you're flying... or someone has access to TSA issue equipment... or they don't need to see inside before they take it.

Guitar case locks have always seemed like a complete joke to me. Do you really think someone will steal the guitar out of a case instead of stealing the guitar in the case?

The only use of locks can be preventing accidental opening I think, but for working securely all the latches would have to be locked.

Archived