Gibson Brands Forums

Help identify the Les Paul Elegant

Old Sam

Hello.

My name is Sergey. Sorry for my bad english.

I bought on Ebay Les Paul Elegant.

Serial number CS50191. I guess that the year 2005, because the first digit is 5. But as far as I know, Les Paul Elegant not produced after 2004 year. Please help me understand what this guitar.

This is a link to the lot that I bought. There are photos. If necessary, I can make additional photos.

Thank you.

My LP Elegant

Hello.

My name is Sergey. Sorry for my bad english.

I bought on Ebay Les Paul Elegant.

Serial number CS50191. I guess that the year 2005, because the first digit is 5. But as far as I know, Les Paul Elegant not produced after 2004 year. Please help me understand what this guitar.

This is a link to the lot that I bought. There are photos. If necessary, I can make additional photos.

Thank you.

My LP Elegant

You'd be correct about 2005 being the year it was made. Your best bet for more info would be to take some better quality photos (the eBay ones are complete garbage) and send all of the info and pictures (including serial #) to Gibson Customer Service. They'll be able to tell you everything you want to know about your guitar.

Hello Sergey, and welcome here.

From the pictures you supplied, I think this guitar is a chambered Les Paul Elegant.

Can't say anything more specific though. I never got to know one of them in person. There have been lots of different specs for Les Paul Elegant guitars over the years. These changes include headstock fronts and hardware plating. However, to my research all of them came with abalone fingerboard inlays like yours.

Cheers,

capmaster

Бенце,

Привет!

Здесь можно по-русски?

Да, гитара классная. После более дешевых Гипсов и реплик я какое-то время привыкал, но щас из рук ее выпускать неохота! [thumbup]

Thank you all responded.

This guitar is really gorgeous. I have a couple of cheaper guitars Gibson and several replicas. I want to say that after a few days of using this guitar, even a layman like me, appreciated how to distinguish good from cheap Gibson guitars and replicas.. For a while I used to, but now I do not want to let this guitar out of hand. Because it's amazing.

The only thing that confuses me, is year, specified on the guitar.

Бенце,

Привет!

Здесь можно по-русски?

Да, гитара классная. После более дешевых Гипсов и реплик я какое-то время привыкал, но щас из рук ее выпускать неохота! [thumbup]

Привет!

Можно... но с переводом, что и другие поняли. :) Трудно мне писать без русской клавиатуры...

Well, yes, I understand. It's very hard to let such an instrument go. [thumbup]

Enjoy it with good health!

Cheers... Bence

I received a response from the customer service of Gibson. Waited about a week, but still the answer came.

"The guitar appears to be original. The serial number refers in our database also to a Les Paul Elegant, figured, in butterscotch, with nickel hardware, from 2005, made at the custom shop in Nashville, Tennessee.

This model was in production in 2004, but officially not anymore in 2005 (not mentioned in the pricelist); this model was made in the beginning of 2005 though, so the custom shop probably continued a little bit into 2005 producing the last ones of this model. You can find attached the specifications of this model; it looks like on this one, different pickups were mounted (Burstbucker 1 and 2 instead of the 57 classics).

The Custom Shop changed the pickup configuration to BB 1 and 2 on almost all humbucker-equipped Historics BBs in May of 2002. They must have decided to change the pickups to Burstbucker 1 and 2 on the LP Elegant by then as well."

[thumbup]

Archived