Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Masterbilt DR500MCE Hard Shell Case

ttg4572

I just bought a new Masterbilt DR500-MCE and I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not Epi has a HSC for this specific model or if I should be looking at a 3rd party HSC? If so, can anyone suggest one that would fit this model?

To tell the truth epiphone cases are as good as any,

Not true. They are substandard to any TKL, Guardian Vintage style, and Silver Creek in the wood shell arched top class. Epi's Chinese contractor uses thinner wood plys,weaker latches, and cheaper plush lining and yet charges more than some others.

Not true. They are substandard to any TKL, Guardian Vintage style, and Silver Creek in the wood shell arched top class. Epi's Chinese contractor uses thinner wood plys,weaker latches, and cheaper plush lining and yet charges more than some others.

ok thanks for pointing out that the cases, like the guitars, are hit and miss my dad sat on his while out bbqing and camping for many years and it was still in great condition when he past. He also had a martin case for his d28 that let go a year later.

Late to the party, but I recently bought an Epi AJ500M from the GC, but it didn't come with a case. Just ordered this from my Sweetwater rep:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EJUMBO

My stuff only leaves the house to go to the luthier every now and then, but I'm a big believer in HSC's for all my guitars.

I ordered a similar looking Epiphone case for my Epi hound dog dobro. Seems like a good case and I love having the logo on the case.

there is always the option to order a Calton case if you love your Masterbilt as much as I do but be prepared for a 1000 dollar price tag. :rolleyes:

Of course not everyone is as nuts as I am :)

Superior makes some very nice fiberglass shell cases for around 200.00 The fit is perfect for an EPI dreadnought

Mines due here Saturday. I'll let you know my thoughts after that.

So FedEx delivered this afternoon. I'm in no hurry so will probably open things tomorrow and check for how the AJ500 fits (along with any "nasty" smells, etc. LOL). If all is well, then woohoo. If not, back to SW we go. I'll let you all know manyana.

So I opened the case on Sunday and did a test fit with the Masterbilit. Perfect. As I noted above, my stuff only leaves the house every now and then, but this case is well built, doesn't smell [biggrin] , and will do me just fine. I just forgot how big acoustic cases are as opposed to electric's. [confused][biggrin]

I've had them all and this Silver Creek Vintage style case (made by Guardian) kicks the hell out of the Epiphone dread case any day. It's 7 ply shell vs. Epi's 5 ply, 6 latches, and very dense padding is much more rugged and costs less! Perfect fit.

My link

I know how good the Silver Creek cases are, I bought one for an Ibanez 000 for my grandson.

Have you ever owned a Calton case ?

http://www.calton-cases.com/acoustic-guitars/

http://www.calton-cases.com/product-features-options/

I just ask because you said you have had them all.

Yes I actually had a Calton back around 2003 for a Gibson SJ200 Custom Shop with Quilted Bubinga back and sides AND neck. It was a fabulous case and extremely roadworthy. Brown exterior with crushed velvet gold interior. And with a pricetag to match the level of that Gibson!

I have a Calton with a white exterior and black crushed velvet interior for my Masterbilt DR500MNA.

It's a very nice case, one of the very best I have had in the 60 plus years I have been playing and touring.

Probably the most expensive I've had but definitely a case one can feel comfortable that the airline damage handlers or roadies would have a hard time hurting your instrument while it's nestled in it.

Archived