Gibson Brands Forums

ES 335 reissue....'59 vs '60

NiceGuyEddie

Hi....any ideas if the body dimensions on memphis es 335 1960 vos, would be the same as a similar memphis 59 es 335?? Looking at 2009,2010 manufacture dates. Are the necks noticeably different from each other? i see they describe the 60 as a slim taper. Any differences with the nashville's dimensions?

I don't know but the Memphis 59-335 neck has a 59 profile. Historic's are all Nashville-made, the Memphis Custom Shop Reissues have a USA production line serial, where Historic's don't.

The neck profiles between a 60 and 59 differ. The 60s between Nashville and Memphis not really imho, but to slight degrees, which may be simply preference in feel. I have a Nashville and Memphis 60 and they are pretty much the same though the Nashville feels slightly flatter on the back.

Just off the top of my head. I imagine someone will further clarify.

• 1 month later...

I don't know but the Memphis 59-335 neck has a 59 profile. Historic's are all Nashville-made, the Memphis Custom Shop Reissues have a USA production line serial, where Historic's don't.

The neck profiles between a 60 and 59 differ. The 60s between Nashville and Memphis not really imho, but to slight degrees, which may be simply preference in feel. I have a Nashville and Memphis 60 and they are pretty much the same though the Nashville feels slightly flatter on the back.

Just off the top of my head. I imagine someone will further clarify.

• 2 months later...

Archived