Gibson Brands Forums

Shipping cost

I would take it back to where you bought it and make the dealer ship it. If you bought it "Online", then you will have to ship it.

"The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Epiphone Service Center."

Warranty Text

Don't forget to insure it....

I just received a RMA number for my Epiphone ES-335. In the email it suggests that I have it shipped by UPS or FedEx.

Do I pay for the shipping? It's that covered by warranty?

thanks,

Victor

who issued the RMA?

If you got it from a place like Musicians Friend, they should have sent you a link to a shipping label to use

then you do not have to pay freight.

I would take it back to where you bought it and make the dealer ship it. If you bought it "Online", then you will have to ship it.

"The Dealer or Owner must ship the instrument, freight and insurance pre-paid, to the nearest Authorized Epiphone Service Center."

Warranty Text

Don't forget to insure it....

I bought it at Guitar Center in Brookfield, Wisconsin. I live in Whitewater, about an hour from there. Since I don't drive but only in town,

I depend on someone to drive me there which is not always so easy. Today I did get lucky and got a ride to the Guitar Center in Madison and the

repair tech found a loose wire, played around with the guitar for 15 minutes and worked fine. Got back home and the original problem came back.

Of course I was p*ssed off. I am a disabled, 62 years old, veteran and very little tolerance to frustration.

who issued the RMA?

If you got it from a place like Musicians Friend, they should have sent you a link to a shipping label to use

then you do not have to pay freight.

I have 24 month repair plan(www.productassist.com/procoverage)from Guitar Center, I called the customer service and asked if shipping cost to any Guitar Center store and was told no. I would to bring the guitar into the actual store and explained that it isn't that easy for me to get there. The GC person

then suggested that I should contact Gibson.com customer service, which I did and was given the RMA number.

tuff situation.

so what is the problem anyway? want to share that with us?

Sure, the neck pickup volume control randomly does not work properly. If pull up and/or push down the knob the neck

pickup is silent or very low. Turning the volume down a bit and then up brings back the sound. Also, sometimes while

playing the neck pickup will act up again.

You know, I don't want to tell you how to fix this, but shipping it back to gibson for a borked push pull pot (and possibly a gunked up toggle switch) is probably more trouble than it's worth, warranty claim aside. (I know you bought additional insurance and all too.. but sounds like the logistics are the issue for you.

I don't know if I'd do much more on that than try to find a local (trustworthy) guitar repair guy to look at it.

it could just need some contact cleaner, or if a new pot is needed,, the job itself may not even be as expensive as the shipping back and forth never mind the time it's going to take.

Any local music stores? They usually have some contacts. Might be at least worth a few phone calls.

If you were close by me, I'd check it out for you..

Best of luck Vic...

I hear your situation, and it sort of sucks that something this basic is this much of a PITA for you.

/Ray

Archived