Gibson Brands Forums

New J-45

badbluesplayer

Is that yours, then?

Yes - Very much so. I had to sell my 000-28 to get it, but hey, you can't have everything. I played my buddy's J-50 and it plays like butter and is a little more suited to playing louder strummy stuff than the 000. It sounds really nice through an amplifier. Very well balanced and natural.

My first decent guitar at the tender age of 20 was a 1948 J45, given to me by my girlfriend, had been in her father's closet for about 15 years. He gave it to her, she gave it to me. Neither one knew what a quality guitar it was, I didn't know either til later.

Yep she played, sounded and looked sweet. Gave it to my best friend when I went into the navy. he was a singer and a great player, It got good use. many years later after he passed away his wife offered it back to me.

But her son played guitar too, so re gifted it to him cause his Dad got so much use out of it. Sometimes I regret it, but I have more guitars than I can do justice to. Closest guitar I have that played and sounded like that J45 is my 2010 Hummingbird TV.

Archived