Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Traditional Pro II - Iverness Green

blackdeuce

My son found this guitar at a GC in Kansas City. He just brought it home this evening. I've seen several YouTube videos and it appears to be a really cool guitar. Lots of neat features. Coil splits, 10db boost, etc. I understand it was a GC exclusive.

Guitar Center has one on their website for $1999, but they show one with a wood grain finished sides and back. The back and sides on mine are painted to match the front, but the paint isn't as glossy (not faded, though).

The color is really neat, IMO.

20141107_172830-1_zps6c7a6a7d.jpg

This guy did a neat demonstration:

Well, this looks like a nice one, and obviously comes with some useful features added. [thumbup] Whom will I have to congratulate, you or your son? :)

Thank you. For now, it's mine. My son really, really, really wants it. [laugh] He has a Les Paul Studio, but he would like to buy this from me when he has the cash. He's going to college, so that won't be until next summer.

Thank you. For now, it's mine. My son really, really, really wants it. [laugh] He has a Les Paul Studio, but he would like to buy this from me when he has the cash. He's going to college, so that won't be until next summer.

So I congratulate you - for now. [biggrin][thumbup]

So I congratulate you - for now. [biggrin][thumbup]

Thanks. I had no plans to buy one of these, but it was marked down a LOT.

The color reminds me of something my grandfather would have liked. He played guitar in a local country western band for years. He actually painted his 52 Chevy pickup a color close to this.

Through doing some research on Inverness, I found out there are cities bearing this name in Scotland, Florida, and California. Might one of them be the godparent of the Gibson finish name?

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

As FZ pointed out, it's not everybody's cup of tea, but my son and I like it as does everyone that's seen it.

Interesting. Thanks for the information.

As FZ pointed out, it's not everybody's cup of tea, but my son and I like it as does everyone that's seen it.

Great guitar - congrats!

As far as color/finish goes, there's a reason that everything since the Model T has been offered in a variety of colors :)

IMO that's a gorgeous guitar, blackdeuce.

Many congrats!

I happen to really love the colour and I seem to remember that the guitar itself has a great spec.

My first experience of Inverness Green on a Gibby was a Reverse-body Firebird VII and I've been lusting after them on-and-off ever since.

As Donny (D Ray) says, it is a very Fender colour. Fender started experimenting with DuPont auto paints at the end of the fifties/start of the sixties and that is in that ball-park.

Gibson tried the same route but with conspicuously less success.

By coincidence my family and I spent a week in 'The Scottish' Inverness at the end of August. It was as nice a place as your guitar is an instrument.

(FZ fan might think it was even nicer!)

My advice? Buy a second one for your son...

Pick long and prosper!

P.

...'The Scottish' Inverness at the end of August. It was as nice a place as your guitar is an instrument.

P.

Hello!

And this is a serious compliment to Your guitar! It's one of the most beautiful spots on our planet.

Best wishes... Bence

Hello!

I love this color! Congratulations!

Guitarguitar in UK had them on clearance stock for months. I regret not buying one. Wish I could. [unsure]

Best wishes... Bence

Hello!

And this is a serious compliment to Your guitar! It's one of the most beautiful spots on our planet.

Best wishes... Bence

Thank you for the comments. I appreciate it!

Great guitar - congrats!

As far as color/finish goes, there's a reason that everything since the Model T has been offered in a variety of colors :)

Thank you. I actually wanted something a little different. I have a Signature T that is beautiful, but it looks like a lot of the other Les Pauls.

IMO that's a gorgeous guitar, blackdeuce.

Many congrats!

I happen to really love the colour and I seem to remember that the guitar itself has a great spec.

My first experience of Inverness Green on a Gibby was a Reverse-body Firebird VII and I've been lusting after them on-and-off ever since.

As Donny (D Ray) says, it is a very Fender colour. Fender started experimenting with DuPont auto paints at the end of the fifties/start of the sixties and that is in that ball-park.

Gibson tried the same route but with conspicuously less success.

By coincidence my family and I spent a week in 'The Scottish' Inverness at the end of August. It was as nice a place as your guitar is an instrument.

(FZ fan might think it was even nicer!)

My advice? Buy a second one for your son...

Pick long and prosper!

P.

Thank you. I really liked the color, but the features and reviews were what sold me on the guitar. And at the price that we paid, it seems to be a steal. We'll see if my son earns enough money to buy it from me. He's dumped a lot of money in a Ford Mustang that he wants to race and his pockets aren't all that deep. [laugh]

Archived