Gibson Brands Forums

NGD In box until Christmas

skilsaw

About 3 weeks ago I ordered L-5CES sunburst for my son for Christmas.

It arrived today and I picked it up from the store.

It is beautiful! A technician at the store played it for me and the sound is fantastic.

Pair that with the Roland JC120 that arrived 10 days ago and my son can really get his grove on.

I'm thrilled, as I suspect my son will be on Christmas Day.

Sorry, I don't know how the post pictures or I would put a couple up for you.

My son will be able to post pictures after Christmas.

About 3 weeks ago I ordered L-5CES sunburst for my son for Christmas.

Wow. Your son being heir to the throne of some country, I take it? I heard a sax-guitar-bass jazz trio last Friday. The guitar was probably a $20,000 L-5. The player was goooooood. Well, so were the other guys.

I don't know that we or your son can hold out till Christmas!

Skilsaw, dose your Son know about his present, or is it a total surprise? If it is, you should get a photo of his face when he sees it, and post it!

To post pictures you need create an account with sites like PhotoBox: http://www.photobox.co.uk/ and upload the picture onto you "album", then copy the pictures URL and paste it into the box that appears when you click the "insert image" tab on the Toolbar above. Check it's in place by clicking "Preview Post" below.

Regards,

Ian

Skilsaw, dose your Son know about his present, or is it a total surprise? If it is, you should get a photo of his face when he sees it, and post it!

A few years ago he sold an Ibanez archtop that he bought to play in the high school jazz band. That was 12 years ago. This year he wanted to get back into music so we got him an acoustic for his birthday. I asked a couple vague questions about playing jazz again, and what color guitars he liked. When I started researching archtops, I fell in love with the history of the L-5. If he's smart, he may think he's getting an archtop, but the L-5 is a surprise.

I'll have to get him an extra cable so he doesn't have to wait until he gets home to plug it in.

As for bank rolling the instrument, I'm retired and this is a one time event. I'd like my son to receive something classic from me now instead of just cash when I die.

Archived