Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Studio Plus?

Hi guys,

I bought this Les Paul secondhand a few years ago and the only thing I was told about it was that it was a Studio Plus model. It was made in February 2006 according to the serial number. I love Gibsons but I'm not very technical when it comes to guitars, types of hardware, Pups, etc.

Its a fantastic guitar and I've always been intrigued to find out what this dark blue color is called, what type of zebra burstbuckers are in there, whether the black Grover tuners came as standard?

I can't find a great deal of info on the Studio Plus models from 2006 so maybe some of you guys can help give me the technical specs for my prized possession.

I have added some pictures.post-3208-054081300 1415880846_thumb.jpgpost-3208-057811500 1415880854_thumb.jpgpost-3208-088722400 1415880871_thumb.jpgpost-3208-030367300 1415880883_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...so Gibson finally got back to me but this guitar still remains a bit of a mystery...

They said: 'The serial number refers in our database to a guitar Gibson LP Studio Plus with Zebra pickups, made in 2006 in Nashville US. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find available information about guitar specs. Probably was a dealer order, but seems the differences with a regular LP Studio Plus are the finish and pickups. Hope this helps.'

So its a bit of a custom guitar by the looks of it :)

Does anyone know how to tell what type of Zebra pickups these are? If I take one out will it say anything on the back?

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

old thread but just in case - I believe it is one of these:

https://stringswitchnoise.com.au/gibson-les-paul-studio-premium-plus-aa-midnight-blue-burst-usa-2006/

with these specs:

Product Description

2006, Gibson USA serial

Hard to get a hold of a limited run Studio, Premium Plus, AA model

It has a stunning carved AA flamed/figured Maple top

Finished in Midnight Blue Burst

Mahogany body

Mahogany neck

Rosewood fretboard

Standard Gibson 24.75”scale

22 medium frets

Trapezoid pearl neck inlays

“Zebra” 490R and 498T Alnico Humbucker Pickups

Standard LP controls - two volume, two tone, three-way switch case

Black chrome Hardware

Stopbar tailpiece, Tune-o-matic bridge

Grover Kidney tuners

Hard Shell Case

Studios entry in wikipedia has some info but not really for this model.  Looks like no or minimal weight relief - it is heavy, and a slim profile neck.  As you say, seems like a limited run.  Cheers.

Edited by cp13po
corrected an error