Gibson Brands Forums

Lost Excellente Update

mooseguy

Interesting History:

The 64 Epiphone Excellente advertised for sale as the prototype for Sonny James's custom made one.

A) First offering I noticed of this guitar was in 2013 at $7,700

B) Just recently sold on EBay for $5,600

C) Obvious buyer's remorse indicates a new Ebay offering of same guitar just days after last sale closing

at opening bid of $2025

Best dealer advice I was ever given "WHEN IN DOUBT DON'T"

Moose

I know the seller personally and can vouch for him being a stand up guy and reputable seller. I noticed the same thing but have yet to call and ask him about it. I'm confident there's a fair reason why it's being offered again.

When in doubt, please don't post on the internet indicating foul play.

Hey Moose -- it's me, your friend Mat! I'm the seller of that guitar. I had it on Reverb.com for a while but decided to sell it (and a few other guitars) at auction.

The winning bidder never paid. He received an unpaid item strike. All too common on eBay these days unfortunately.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting but if you have any questions about Excellente #2 I'm happy to answer them! :)

Interesting History:

The 64 Epiphone Excellente advertised for sale as the prototype for Sonny James's custom made one.

A) First offering I noticed of this guitar was in 2013 at $7,700

B) Just recently sold on EBay for $5,600

C) Obvious buyer's remorse indicates a new Ebay offering of same guitar just days after last sale closing

at opening bid of $2025

Best dealer advice I was ever given "WHEN IN DOUBT DON'T"

Moose

I know the seller personally and can vouch for him being a stand up guy and reputable seller. I noticed the same thing but have yet to call and ask him about it. I'm confident there's a fair reason why it's being offered again.

When in doubt, please don't post on the internet indicating foul play.

A STATEMENT FOR THE RECORD

In no way, shape or form is my posted dealer's quote meant to impinge the reputation of either the seller or

or that of the guitar being offered.

Moose

Thanks for clarifying that Moose. Sometimes it's difficult to tell on the internet.

And thanks for chiming in Mat! That's such a cool guitar. I really wish I had the scratch for that. It's a very cool piece indeed.

Archived