Gibson Brands Forums

Mounting screws, need help!!!

Warpig of The Power

Hello, I was just wondering if matching mounting screws for humbuckers is included, if I were to purchase this http://store.gibson.com/bridge-humbucker-cover/

I'm changing out some of the hardware on my Les Paul, and I prefer using all GIBSON OEM replacement parts, I don't like mixing it all.

usually when you buy pickups from any manufacture, all the mounting hardware should be included. not sure why Gibson would omit those, especially when you see what these guys charge for pickups!!

usually when you buy pickups from any manufacture, all the mounting hardware should be included. not sure why Gibson would omit those, especially when you see what these guys charge for pickups!!

Well, I'm not buying any pickup at the moment, just the pickup cover, but would mounting hardware still be included?

I think they are #4 machine screws about 2 inches long or so. Hardware store for about .75 cents should have them. How do you adjust the height of the guitar now. Did you buy the covers? The same screws should work.

I'm waiting to buy the covers till after I have bought some new Seymour Duncan's (the new Nazgul and Sentient)

I'm switching hardware colour to gold, so I would need matching screws, so the screws I already have won't cut it

I'm waiting to buy the covers till after I have bought some new Seymour Duncan's (the new Nazgul and Sentient)

I'm switching hardware colour to gold, so I would need matching screws, so the screws I already have won't cut it

If you are switching to Duncans, you are already out of the OEM for that guitar. And original means original for the guitar.

Not saying it's a wrong thing to do, or bad for the guitar, but rather, it really isn't worth solving an issue you can't solve.

If you are switching to gold, you are going to need more than mounting screws for the pups. When you get the covers, you will also need to switch the adjustable poles on the pups too I would think.

ALL these parts are available, AND made to be the same. What is OEM for Gibson can change depending on when and where they buy. Same as when and where you buy.

Just make sure you are getting "Gibson" type as opposed to "Import type/Epiphone" as the sizes may be different.

Archived