Gibson Brands Forums

Picked up one these Gibby's

duane v

Duane, beautiful guitar. They are fun to play, I enjoy mine as well, they have a Les Paul quality of sound but with a bit of air to it. Love that burst! Have fun, enjoy. [thumbup]

thanks [thumbup]

I purchased the guitar based solely on price, (to me $1400 was to good to pass up), and knowing that my recent purchases from Gibson had been off the charts kill in quality. I had no idea this guitar would bee this great of a player... So she is a keeper.... I'm changing all the chrome hardware to gold plating, because the split diamond headstock inlay to me associates itself with gold

1416524065[/url]' post='1593009']

Absolutely a killer instrument. Gonna buff out the fretboard to make it a little more slick, but other than that it plays and sounds killer.

MT2_zpsfed4fe7e.jpg

MT1_zpsa3b0c65f.jpg

MT3_zpscc87bcf6.jpg

MT4_zps2e8fa918.jpg

Man..I realy love the design on the back..the rounded edges...I DID NOT expect the back of that to be like that...comfortable to sit and play?

• 5 weeks later...

Duane did you ever change out the hardware? Personally I would leave the chrome since I like it better than gold. I've been looking around for one of these in chrome but everything on ebay is gold. Seems chrome is pretty rare with this model. You might want to reconsider. Either way they are really nice spiffed up versions of the 339s. You got a great deal. It's a beautiful guitar. Have fun, Jim

• 4 weeks later...

You got a very nice top on yours. Some of the earlier models have three piece tops and you can see the splits, yours looks great. I have one of the Midtown Kalamazoos; single cut, hogged out semi hollow with a short scale. Mine came with gold hardware. The midtown line have great tone, a nice cross between LP and ES-335 sort of a lower budget CS-336.

Great find, enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gorgeous Gibbo! Do they still make these? Can't see anything on my local shop website?

AMS sells them... I thinks they're a model made especially for them, though I think MF sold them too for a while. Used examples seems easy enough to find on eBay as well. I just bought a gutted black one off eBay... just the body and neck. Looking forward to getting it loaded up and rocking soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived