Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird V Strings

Panzer

Hi,

I just bought a Firebird V 2014, great sound, especially on lower notes, I like it.

I have two questions:

1) As I don't have big hands, I find it quite difficult to bend and vibrate the strings...

Currently I have Ernie Ball Nickel Plated Steel (0.09 - 0.42) strings. Can someone

recommend some easier strings to bend ? (the softer the better)

2) Is there any guide/tutorial to change the strings for a Firebird V 2014?

Thanks!

The truss rod is used to keep the neck straight when it's under tension from the strings.

If you go from a heavy pull to a lighter pull you'll need to back off the truss rod a bit as the neck will be pulled forward by the existing truss rod setting.

If you put on heavier strings you'll need to tighten the truss rod a bit to pull the neck back.

Pick up the guitar and with the end of the body at eye level and the strings facing upwards sight down the side of the neck like you're looking down an arrow. It should be straight (give or take a little bit of forward pull or relief as it's known). Do NOT put too much tension on the truss rod when adjusting it as if you snap it off like an idiot you'll be screwed.

Does that help?

The truss rod is used to keep the neck straight when it's under tension from the strings.

If you go from a heavy pull to a lighter pull you'll need to back off the truss rod a bit as the neck will be pulled forward by the existing truss rod setting.

If you put on heavier strings you'll need to tighten the truss rod a bit to pull the neck back.

Pick up the guitar and with the end of the body at eye level and the strings facing upwards sight down the side of the neck like you're looking down an arrow. It should be straight (give or take a little bit of forward pull or relief as it's known). Do NOT put too much tension on the truss rod when adjusting it as if you snap it off like an idiot you'll be screwed.

Does that help?

It helped, thanks!

Archived