Gibson Brands Forums

j200 "elvis presley"

klaasvaak

I believe this was one of Gibson's many limited edition (250) guitars. I don't believe that there would be any greater value on this J200 guitar than any other - except to a particular buyer who might want one. It is 15 years old and must be looked at as a 15-year old J200. IMO of course. Of course, Elvis did not make this nor was it made for him. His was a 1956. More story here: http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lif40%20ESSENTIAL%20SNARE%20DRUM%20RUDIMENTSestyle/Features/en-us/legendary-guitar-elvis-417.aspx

Given that the guitar is worth around $350-$450 - and his horrible attitude - good luck with that. I wouldn't give him $200 for his bad attitude.

I assume you are talking about the Epiphone Elvis, and not Buddy Holly's J-45 that John Thomas is holding. I think I would take Buddy's J-45 over Elvis's J-200 replica any day.

If you want to see tone killer…check out this Martin Elvis edition:

http://sfbay.craigsl...4781584742.html

Leather cover comes in handy when you're swiveling the hips with a big belt buckle.

I think this guy is off a little. They did make a limited edition but his is not one of them. Their label clearly states ## OF 175.

I have the same model as his and it's not the limited. It's a real nice customized D28 with the cover removed with a Carpathian Spruce top, Grover tuners, Grained Ivoroid binding and fancy inlaids.

hi,

i came across this Gibson SJ200 elvis presley made in 2005.

does anyone know what the value might be?

30m9t11.jpg

Just my opinion, but that pickguard is "butt-ugly" and does not belong on a "Gibson".

The following is a link to the REAL 1974 J200 Elvis guitar and 'how' it came to be. I stumbled on this while searching about a 'regular' '74 J200 sunburst up for sale in my 'neck of the woods'...I like it but I am afraid the seller 'likes it' more.

I know....Norlin, double-X-braced, BUT still a good sounding and playing J200. I own a Norlin J100 (rarer) that pretty much does the same thing.....but....the sunburst 200 bling is calling my name...and associated with Elvis' custom ebony '200'....all the more special...

Here is the 'story'....

http://www.scottymoore.net/ep74J200.html

• 5 years later...

Serial number looks like an Epiphone.  Neck carve is no Gibson. It is cool looking, if it played good and was the right price it may be okay but I have a thing about guitars not being what they are labeled.  

Edited by Dave F