Gibson Brands Forums

new amp for my epi's

kb5szo

Picked up a used Albion TCT 35 at the Marietta G.C. today --- and what a amp no idea why anyone would get rid of this amp - all tube -2 channels- digital reverb- both channels have full functions ---- this thing sounds GREAT --- last amp I'll buy eddy

This amp sounds great with my Genesis and ultra 339- ( and my Strat ) it appears to be at least partially hand wired ( yes I took it apart ) only complaint is the person who traded it in didn't include the foot switch [mad] [mad] [mad] --Why keep a foot switch for a amp you just got rid of ??? ----- so just waiting for my EPI Lee Malia les paul custom to get here and see how it sounds

• 1 month later...

I sent a few E-mails to their customer service dept.(USA) and UK finally asking about buying a foot switch and their pick of best tube replacements for the TCT35C. Well yesterday I finally got a reply from the MAIN man who designed the amps Steve Grindrod he suggested a brand and model # for replacement tubes and stated a colleague of his was working om getting me a switch and apologised for the slow reply- stated he was on vacation for the holidays in a area with very poor cell service and couldn't pull up the e-mails.. First time I have ever had a VIP / company CEO reply to a customer service e-mail very impressive IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Well still trying to buy a footswitch ---- no reply from their customer service department - just ordered new tubes for it even though it sounds great right now , I'm not sure how old the tubes are so I'll play with the tubes - Eddy

new tubes today from Dougs Tubes - Ruby matched 6L6's and a 12AX7 tube kit now I need to see how they sound --- still trying to get a foot switch - E-mails to Albion USA customer service were never answered - Albion UK customer service said " talk to the USA folks" but at least they replyed -- well I've been called a Pain in the "you know what" person so I was searching with google and found the head of the USA importer's name and phone number and the head of international exports for Albion e-mail address (his phone number was in ? who knows where) so I called the USA rep who never ID'ed himself (should have been Richie Onori) and he stated my e-mails had "crossed his desk" he stamered around for a while and then stated he was at NAMM and could I call him back next week as he was busy [glare] [glare] .. so I e-mailed the International guy "Andrew" he was also at NAMM and he replied their are no foot switches for my TCT35C in the entire USA but when he returns to the UK in 10 days or so he will work on my request to buy one.. --- I still think my Albion amp is the best sounding amp I have played in my 40+ years of electric guitar playing/preforming ( ruling out the super high priced rigs that I can't afford) -- BUT their customer service in the USA SUCKS --- rated 1 to 10 a ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eddy

I've been in that very store myself!

It's a shame to hear of the tribulations you've been going through just to get a footswitch. I've always included a footswitch with all amps I've sold, it just makes sense. I did find it odd that my Engl didn't come with one, it was an additional purchase from new, very strange. I'd rather pay a few £££ more than have to buy a separate unit.

Any sound clips/photos of your new amp?

Archived