Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song

Buc McMaster

Deirdre? Lorraine? WTF Blndboy?

Thanks for the love folks. Haven't played in months due to some family situations, but the overnight deluge and the morning sun made me feel like picking up one of my "toys".

Come on, Mark. Really? Is it the diminutive size that makes it less of a musical instrument? Let's see....... It's completely handmade from the late 1920s of solid mahogany and hand painted by someone with a lot of talent. There are but a handful of them in the world and, if price is your measure, I can say with certainty that this toy is worth more than any two of what you may own. You may not have intended it, but I do take offense at your dismissal of this instrument as a toy. Buy one. Learn to play it well. Then tell me it's a toy, sir.

It was tongue in cheek Buc of course. I just miss you on those guitars.

Deirdre? Lorraine? WTF Blndboy?

Thanks for the love folks. Haven't played in months due to some family situations, but the overnight deluge and the morning sun made me feel like picking up one of my "toys".

Come on, Mark. Really? Is it the diminutive size that makes it less of a musical instrument? Let's see....... It's completely handmade from the late 1920s of solid mahogany and hand painted by someone with a lot of talent. There are but a handful of them in the world and, if price is your measure, I can say with certainty that this toy is worth more than any two of what you may own. You may not have intended it, but I do take offense at your dismissal of this instrument as a toy. Buy one. Learn to play it well. Then tell me it's a toy, sir.

Archived