Gibson Brands Forums

Pic. <non Gibson>

brc

IMG_0056_zps64b9583c.jpg

After a Long search, I finally located a tremolo arm for my Mosrite. I found this guitar at a garage sale, and the only part missing was the tremolo arm. I offered the guy $75.00 for it and he took it. I originally painted it the stock Mosrite maroon color, but then repainted it this candy pearl orange. I could not find a case for it in decent shape under $450.00, so I built this case for about $65.00 total. I have started putting all my guitars away <due to a bad left hand > and I just got lucky when I found this tremolo arm for the guitar before I packed it up. Of course I did not need the tremolo arm if I am packing every thing up, but when I located it, had to grab it. Now with the Mosrite finally completed, bought and made some humidifiers for the acoustics, time to say adios to my guitars. Not selling any more guitars, just packing them up.

IMG_0056_zps64b9583c.jpg

After a Long search, I finally located a tremolo arm for my Mosrite. I found this guitar at a garage sale, and the only part missing was the tremolo arm. I offered the guy $75.00 for it and he took it. I originally painted it the stock Mosrite maroon color, but then repainted it this candy pearl orange. I could not find a case for it in decent shape under $450.00, so I built this case for about $65.00 total. I have started putting all my guitars away <due to a bad left hand > and I just got lucky when I found this tremolo arm for the guitar before I packed it up. Of course I did not need the tremolo arm if I am packing every thing up, but when I located it, had to grab it. Now with the Mosrite finally completed, bought and made some humidifiers for the acoustics, time to say adios to my guitars. Not selling any more guitars, just packing them up.

Looks sharp buddy

Nice to see your passion for guitars goes beyond just owning them and playing them.

I'm sure each one in your collection comes with a story.

Too bad about your problems with your left hand.

I quit playing 25 years ago but just recently got interested again.

Unfortunately, my baby finger on my left hand doesn't bend like it use to.

I'm thinking of going to the Jazz teachers in town to see if one will help me figure out Django Reinhart's style. He played with only 3 fingers. His pinky was permanently injured in a childhood accident.

Thanks every one. Hate to put them away, and after playing more than 56 years, it really is like losing your best friends. When I had my stroke 3 years ago, my left side never recovered even after extensive physical therapy. I tried the hand exercisers among other physical therapies, but nothing helped. I sold either 8 or 9 guitars, and I am packing the balance of them up.

Jorge, if you like that color, I can either help you with it, or send you the information on the color.

Archived