Gibson Brands Forums

T-Bird Classic bridge

AndyFraser65

Hello everyone,

I wish I could figure out how the hell it is that, by changing the brand of strings (from the original to the Ernie Ball Super Slinky) the same thickness (45-105) and at constant neck relief (0:20 mm eighth fret) the action is much higher ....

Thank you for every help :-)

Would have to be the breaking angle. They seem to be "not so slinky" across the bridge saddles. ;)

My suggestion is tuning down completely, adjusting bridge, tuning up and checking for result. Repeat until you're satisfied.

Thank you capmaster, you brought me in the right direction: I had the suspicion that the strings themselves were the guilty ... I replaced with a set of D'Addario EXL 165, right here on the forum, another user reported to be similar to the original Epiphone strings... Now goes much better, the neck is comfortable again ... Thank you my friend:-)

Hello capemaster and all the others, I ask, now, a simple opinion...

As I wrote in the previous post, changing the strings to my T-Bird, the neck is now more comfortable to play but...

To get the same low action that I set on my other basses (such as on my EB-03), I had to adjust the bridge completely flat on the body of the bass.... The neck relief, I had to set it to 0.15mm at the 8 fret, very straight !

Despite this, when I play it, I do not hear any fret buzz, it seems that this neck allows low action.

The action of my neck is set at 12 fret, 2mm on the low E and 1.5mm and on the high G...

What do you think about this ? Is there someone else who had the same experience with the T-Bird Classic ?

Thanks guys :-)

Archived