Gibson Brands Forums

What Kind of Les paul is it

Big Duck15102

Hey guys, my dad is thinking of buying a les paul and a marshall half stack from a man for a christmas present for me. He said it is a wine red or burgundy color with gold knobs and normal nickel plated pickups. also with vintage tuners and a pick guard. could you guys help me determine the value of the guitar and the kind it is and model and year. i also think the marshall half stack is a jcm800 don't know

Hey guys, my dad is thinking of buying a les paul and a marshall half stack from a man for a christmas present for me. He said it is a wine red or burgundy color with gold knobs and normal nickel plated pickups. also with vintage tuners and a pick guard. could you guys help me determine the value of the guitar and the kind it is and model and year. i also think the marshall half stack is a jcm800 don't know

pictures would help....

two very vague posts.

There's a lot of people who know a lot about this stuff, I'm not to be snarky, but if you really want our help.. try at least posting that google link you mentioned..

he said this pic off goggle looked most like it. i have never seen it

there is no link...

There is an old saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth".

C'mon dude, Dad's buying you a LP and Marshall half stack and you're worrying it might not be cool enough if it isn't the right model and year?? It's about the music, be grateful, accept the gift and play the hell out of them.

Yea, doesn't matter what exactly it is or how much it's worth. It's a gift.

What MIGHT be of concern, if you are thinking your dad may or may not get ripped, either by being a "copy" or such.

As it works out, there is no way anyone can authenticate OR valuate a guitar here without pics of THE ACTUAL GUITAR.

If your dad knows a thing or two, be smart: let him give you what HE thinks you would like. That's the nature of a gift. I think it's darned cool, myself.

As for the Marshall: If we are talking about a JCM 800, that is THE "metal" amp for any year or any era. Among other things. It's the real deal.

Still kicking myself for selling my confirmation gift of a '56 ES-125T.

I would, too, the ES-125 is quite possibly the most underrated guitar in Gibson's back-catalogue. Simple. Elegant. Versatile. Sounds good clean. Sounds good grungy. Sounds good with tube distortion. Sounds good with two daisy-chained distortion pedals. Sounds good unplugged. Would not sell.

Archived