Gibson Brands Forums

JORDAN AMP

2PoFoAGibSon

Never had one but I remember seeing a few of 'em in the old Mom & Pop music stores.

First amp I ever owned...

UNIVOX_zpsc2febb86.jpg

Univox/Laffayette 50 watt. Got it for my 15th birthday. Don't remember what kind of speaker was in it anymore, but man, what a screamer!

I literally blew it up at an open jam about 8 years later! LOL...

I never knew Univox made amps. I have a great '69 Univox acoustic. The action is like a Les Paul...great guitar...probably learned 100s songs on it in the past 45 years.

Funnily enough, I never knew they made guitars until the "Vintage" craze came along!

Can't search "Vintage" or "Lawsuit" on ebay without falling over 2 or 3 of 'em most of the time now!

Don't recall Jordan amps - but it looks almost identical in layout to a Gibson amp I had for a short time in about 1969. I had been playing through an Ampeg combo with 1 12 inch speaker that sounded great and was easy to transport. But of course needed something "bigger and louder" in those days so traded it on a Gibson with two 12s. Didn't sound like much though, so about 4 months later traded that for a Bandmaster which got me through the rest of college band days.

1417023887[/url]' post='1595163']

I recall plugging into the headphone jack on a stereo. That's an output, so I may have plugged in somewhere else, but that was my first amp. It was a record player, but it didn't blow up.

This was my first REAL amp..b4 that I leaned my guitar up onto the old warped paneling from the 60's. In the 70's that was covering my wall.That was my amp the sound coming through the wall, with my gibson "THE PAUL". Not even to mention-the 1000 plus guitars I bought from flea markets that were not worth being boat oars. But I Made them work for years! And, all the other devices I altered To make sound on. I thought I was the ****. I'm 51 my mom was born in 1902.. I was raised by OLD GENERATION people. My mom WAS NORMA RAE..ROSIE RIVITER..I grew up PO. There was no tone..play what you have..good luck. Today you can get a modeling amp that I woulda killed for back then. Back then lest you could afford a gibson or other limited quality brand.. You were stuck with an over priced piece of **** boar ore. In today's market, even a piece of **** guitar has to be up to a certain level of quality or you will never even get outta the starting gate.

Archived