Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2015

Alex_

Hi, 2 days ago I purchased the Les Paul traditional, great sound, great feel, etc. but it has major tuning problems, it has the g-force tuning system which Im not sure about. Is the guitar set-up in the factory or do I need to set it up. What could be the cause for such a frustrating problem?

you say your new guitar has "major tuning issue" but you don't tell us what those issues are, other than the G Force is fitted

what are the problems, the issues?

remember, you have a period of time typically 30 days that you can send it back for full refund

is the issue that the G Force never worked right or does not anymore is that it?

if so that is covered under warranty

you can still, slowly, tune it by hand right?

if you can be more specific we could help you out more

Hi, 2 days ago I purchased the Les Paul traditional, great sound, great feel, etc. but it has major tuning problems, it has the g-force tuning system which Im not sure about. Is the guitar set-up in the factory or do I need to set it up. What could be the cause for such a frustrating problem?

Hi Alex,

It's indeed setup at the factory. Would you please describe the problem that you're running into? Please email or pm the details along with the serial#, dealer, and your location to service@gibson.com . In case you it may help, the user manual is located at http://images.gibson.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Site-Images/Campaign/GFORCE/Documents/G%20FORCE%20Owner's%20Manual_2.32_1.03.pdf .

Thanks!

you say your new guitar has "major tuning issue" but you don't tell us what those issues are, other than the G Force is fitted

what are the problems, the issues?

remember, you have a period of time typically 30 days that you can send it back for full refund

is the issue that the G Force never worked right or does not anymore is that it?

if so that is covered under warranty

you can still, slowly, tune it by hand right?

if you can be more specific we could help you out more

The G force tuning tunes the guitar very well, the thing is that with a few bends the g,b,high e go out of tune

Hi Alex,

It's indeed setup at the factory. Would you please describe the problem that you're running into? Please email or pm the details along with the serial#, dealer, and your location to service@gibson.com . In case you it may help, the user manual is located at http://images.gibson.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Site-Images/Campaign/GFORCE/Documents/G%20FORCE%20Owner's%20Manual_2.32_1.03.pdf .

Thanks!

The G force tuning tunes the guitar very well, the thing is that with a few bends the g,b,high e go out of tune

The ones I tried out, and I wrote about it on another thread, both had this issue.

I found that on the two samples I tried fully, the nut was sticky and did not allow for the strings to "slip" easily. So after tuning with the G-force (which seemed to work) pulling the strings tight over the nut, stretching the strings or doing string bends pulling the strings the other way on the nut made the particular string go out every time.

I am looking forward to hearing more about this from Gibson. The adjustable nut sounds like a great idea, but it has to work as good as a "regular" nut firstly to be of any use.

If I had blanks to mess around with, I would try polishing or shaping the slots differently to see if I could get it to work. (NOT suggesting you do this to your guitar! You would likely make it unusable if you don't know what you are doing. I am sure I would ruin a few myself).

Archived