Gibson Brands Forums

Goddess on EBay

dbrian66

I was looking at guitars on eBay and found this one. It's for sale by the guy from Storage Wars on tv. I wonder if he found this one in a locker he bought? Luckey guy if he did. I have always kind of wanted one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Goddess-Les-Paul-Rose-Burst-Guitar-w-Original-Hard-Shell-White-Fur-Case-/301383069165?pt=Guitar&hash=item462bd4aded

I was looking at guitars on eBay and found this one. It's for sale by the guy from Storage Wars on tv. I wonder if he found this one in a locker he bought? Luckey guy if he did. I have always kind of wanted one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Goddess-Les-Paul-Rose-Burst-Guitar-w-Original-Hard-Shell-White-Fur-Case-/301383069165?pt=Guitar&hash=item462bd4aded

What the heck is a Gibson Goddess? some kind of standard or classic model?

I think it was a special model geared towards females. Not sure about any of this but I think they had smaller bodies so they are lighter. They had cool colors. And the headstock logos matched the body color. Electronics are different as well with only one volume and one tone. They didn't make them very long.

Our good friend Flight959 has one and he's brought it over here a couple of times.

I have to say it's a cracker to play.

They are very slightly slimmer than a regular carved-top LP and the rear is satin-finished.

I think I am right in saying it's also marginally smaller, overall, than a regular LP as well but I'd have to check that out again before I say for sure.

If Flight's is any indication then they are fantastic, lively, articulate instruments.

I'd have one in a heartbeat.

P.

This may help clearing up the pickup coil bobbin transparency: http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/GodessRocks.aspx [biggrin]

Advertisement read as follows then:

The Gibson Les Paul Goddess packs all the punch of a traditional Les Paul into a light, streamlined body. Comfortable enough to play all night, tough enough to go the distance.

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Features:

Special light-weight mahogany body Figured maple top Narrow nut, slim taper, '60s-style neck Powerful, translucent 490R & 498T humbuckers, reduced body size

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Specifications:

BODY Top Species: Maple Back Species: Mahogany Binding: Single-ply top

NECK Species: Mahogany Profile: 1960 Slim taper Nut Width: 1.625 Neck Joint Location: 16

FINGERBOARD Species: Ebony Scale Length: 243/4" Number of Frets: 22 Inlays: White Trapezoid Fingerboard Binding: White

HARDWARE Plating Finish: Chrome Bridge: Wraparound Knobs: Chrome Top Hat Machine Heads (Tuners): Auto Trim Neck Pickups: 490R Bridge Pickups: 498T Controls: One volume, one tone, three-way switch

OTHER Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046

CASE Case Interior: White Plush Case Exterior: Black Reptile Pattern Hardshell Case Silkscreen: Silver 'Gibson USA' logo

This says reduced body size, so I have been wrong with assuming full size.

Guest Farnsbarns

Our good friend Flight959 has one and he's brought it over here a couple of times.

I have to say it's a cracker to play.

They are very slightly slimmer than a regular carved-top LP and the rear is satin-finished.

I think I am right in saying it's also marginally smaller, overall, than a regular LP as well but I'd have to check that out again before I say for sure.

If Flight's is any indication then they are fantastic, lively, articulate instruments.

I'd have one in a heartbeat.

P.

I concur. I've played it a number of times as well and it's fantastic. Chambered, I think, and defo smaller as Pippy thought it might be. The pickups are good too, very touch sensitive instrument.

I've asked Mr Sheets if he will also send a pic of his wife playing it if I buy it.

If I buy this will you send a picture of your wife playing it, the guitar, I mean, of course [blushing]

to be precise.

This may help clearing up the pickup coil bobbin transparency: http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/GodessRocks.aspx [biggrin]

Advertisement read as follows then:

The Gibson Les Paul Goddess packs all the punch of a traditional Les Paul into a light, streamlined body. Comfortable enough to play all night, tough enough to go the distance.

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Features:

Special light-weight mahogany body Figured maple top Narrow nut, slim taper, '60s-style neck Powerful, translucent 490R & 498T humbuckers, reduced body size

Gibson Les Paul Goddess Specifications:

BODY Top Species: Maple Back Species: Mahogany Binding: Single-ply top

NECK Species: Mahogany Profile: 1960 Slim taper Nut Width: 1.625 Neck Joint Location: 16

FINGERBOARD Species: Ebony Scale Length: 243/4" Number of Frets: 22 Inlays: White Trapezoid Fingerboard Binding: White

HARDWARE Plating Finish: Chrome Bridge: Wraparound Knobs: Chrome Top Hat Machine Heads (Tuners): Auto Trim Neck Pickups: 490R Bridge Pickups: 498T Controls: One volume, one tone, three-way switch

OTHER Strings: Brite Wires .010-.046

CASE Case Interior: White Plush Case Exterior: Black Reptile Pattern Hardshell Case Silkscreen: Silver 'Gibson USA' logo

This says reduced body size, so I have been wrong with assuming full size.

Smaller is ok with me im only 5'8 and i cant use the baseball bat 50s necks. The lightweight thing is not my taste but its pretty sweet overall from the specs. The japanese guitars are often smaller in size so wouldnt be a stretch for me to get one. Tho right now id prefer to just save up for a R0 which is my dream. Thanks for the info Cap.

Guest Farnsbarns

I've just had an embarrassing email exchange with Darrel Sheets in which I had to admit I thought he was Jarrod. Asking for pictures of his wife (never been in the show and I think he's divorced :s ) may have caused him a little concern!

Why do I get myself in these situations?

I've just had an embarrassing email exchange with Darrel Sheets in which I had to admit I thought he was Jarrod. Asking for pictures of his wife (never been in the show and I think he's divorced :s ) may gave caused him a little concern!

Why do I get myself in these situations?

That's too funny. Jerrods wife Brandi is nice to look at. Darrel I think has a new wife that's on the show Fromm time to time. I should email him as well and ask the same question. Mess with his mind a little. :)

Never heard of this model before either. Pretty cool looking, but for $1900 you can get a full size LP, with two volume and two tone controls and a regular bridge plus stopbar tailpiece. 490 pickups are hot though, so I imagine it sounds good, and smaller/lighter is not always a bad thing depending on your preferences. The black cases with white fur inside are fairly recent (last 5-7 years maybe?) so can't be too long ago that they sold this model.

I'm not sure which is prettier :)

I have the number of a good optometrist if you are interested?.....

[smile]

Just as an aside and as an afterthought....

Flight's Goddess would be the perfect example of a Lester which could not - under pain of death - be 'guard equipped.

How the Hell did I manage to play the thing?.......

:-k

Stunning guitar, though.

P.

Archived